Differences Between T6 & T6.1

Keaney

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Right so t6.1 is out and there’s obviously some things I would t mind trying to fit...

LED rear lights - these are to replace my current T6 LED ones, sounds like a plug and play and possible coding. Some are saying resistors may be required?

Sliding door latch - never knew about this but after watching Leighton vans video I’m keen to know if this can be retro fitted as mine feels a bit clunky but does have soft close. It’s difference 7 here:

Good to see they may have sorted the leaky windows possibly... may have went oem

Dashboard looks great but am I hell changing mine

Wireless app connect is a yes for me but have seen expensive aftermarket kits and may just change the head unit if there’s new ones with built in wireless app connect

Anyone found any others not in the video?

The wireless app connect would be great on my T6 I'm hoping it's a firmware upgrade but I think that would be too easy.

Saw that yesterday....

Didn't realise it had lane assist now....... not sure about the antenna on the roof athstecily, but I'm sure it will work better.

What was it . . . About 25 odd changes?

I suppose the dash and nav unit are the most striking changes for me.

Right so t6.1 is out and there’s obviously some things I would t mind trying to fit...

LED rear lights - these are to replace my current T6 LED ones, sounds like a plug and play and possible coding. Some are saying resistors may be required?

Sliding door latch - never knew about this but after watching Leighton vans video I’m keen to know if this can be retro fitted as mine feels a bit clunky but does have soft close. It’s difference 7 here:

Good to see they may have sorted the leaky windows possibly... may have went oem

Dashboard looks great but am I hell changing mine

Wireless app connect is a yes for me but have seen expensive aftermarket kits and may just change the head unit if there’s new ones with built in wireless app connect

Anyone found any others not in the video?

There's a bodyshop on Instagram, not sure if you follow them 'Hybrid' they have a bad ass Black slammed 5.1 on Gold splits.
Anyway, they are already offering full 6.1 facelifts and currently have Travelinlite's own T5.1 that he has already done a T6 facelift, and now the 6.1 facelift on the same T5.1

....... not sure about the antenna on the roof athstecily, but I'm sure it will work better

Agree with Dell. I've commented upon the quality (or lack of) of my DAB reception on here before - just awful in comparison to our other cars. I look at this as an admission from VW that they got in wrong by putting then in the roof on previous models. It will be interesting to see how converters tackle things when they come to cut the hole for a pop top.

Agree with Dell. I've commented upon the quality (or lack of) of my DAB reception on here before - just awful in comparison to our other cars. I look at this as an admission from VW that they got in wrong by putting then in the roof on previous models. It will be interesting to see how converters tackle things when they come to cut the hole for a pop top.

My bet is it won't be too long until one of the usual suspects have designed a workaround to loose that nipple.

There's a bodyshop on Instagram, not sure if you follow them 'Hybrid' they have a bad ass Black slammed 5.1 on Gold splits.
Anyway, they are already offering full 6.1 facelifts and currently have Travelinlite's own T5.1 that he has already done a T6 facelift, and now the 6.1 facelift on the same T5.1
Interested to see that, have googled but can’t find. Can you post a link?

To my way of thinking yes there are some improvements but surly it`s only just a variation on a theme is it not?
If it ain`t broke don't try and fix it.

New factory options:
  • Side assist + rear traffic alert
  • Lane assist
  • Traffic sign recognition
  • Park assist
  • Trailer assist
  • SoC monitoring for second battery
  • Digital dash even for PV
  • 230V socket at driver's seat
  • Tyre pressure monitoring using actual sensors
  • Manual DPF regeneration
  • Wireless phone charging

If it ain`t broke don't try and fix it.

No chance of that, how many years have the side windows and tailgates been letting rain in? Seems VW just add more shi! to charge more £££.

Agree with Dell. I've commented upon the quality (or lack of) of my DAB reception on here before - just awful in comparison to our other cars. I look at this as an admission from VW that they got in wrong by putting then in the roof on previous models.

I don't think this is just for the DAB as the DAB works fine in my T6 Caravelle, from UK through Europe to the tip of Italy. Any other Caravelle owners feel the same or have I lucked out somehow?
Plus, a dealer in sunny scunny told me it's got the WiFi and all the others comms type stuff in it too.

New factory options:
  • Lane assist
  • Traffic sign recognition
  • Park assist
  • Trailer assist
  • SoC monitoring for second battery
  • Digital dash even for PV
  • Manual DPF regeneration
The following on T6 "CHECK" list ;)
and counting ...

Reactions: mmi
Stupid question probably, but are my factory T6 LED headlights usable with the T6.1 front end? I'm am NEVER going back to standard candlelight ETA after owning LEDs! Looks like that facelift kit comes with candle-lighters...

Stupid question probably, but are my factory T6 LED headlights usable with the T6.1 front end? I'm am NEVER going back to standard candlelight ETA after owning LEDs! Looks like that facelift kit comes with candle-lighters...
Headlights are a different chape.

Back