Diesel leaking around passenger door step [Resolved]

Cooper

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Morning T6 wise ones

My brothers van seems to have developed a diesel leak around the passenger door step area (see pics). I’m going to get under it this evening and have a look and was just wondering if there is anything obvious in the step area that could be causing it? He’s tried running the tank to nearly empty and only putting a quarter back in but it’s still the same. 2019 T6. No modifications at all. Gently drives to his place of work and back. Any advise would be most appreciated.

B4B4E9A9-88AC-4D47-BAE8-4B8DC35DEF81.png

40A40FEC-BBEF-4C9B-932E-04073ED9DF15.png

That's an odd one.

Defo diesel?

All the engine bay fluids topped up.

What's it look like underneath?

Wondering if the derv filter maybe leaking down from the engine bay?

A few more pics.... Especially underneath may help?.

Smells like diesel.

I’ll check fluids first this evening.

I’ll take some pics later.

Thanks.

Would he by any chance have an underslung Webasto heater? It's directly linked to the diesel fuel tank. Lots of "if" but if it's mounted on the passenger side and if any of those pipe connections are a bit iffy.....

Solved!

So, I don’t know what diesel smells like!

Wheel off…..Took the inner wheel arch apart…. Poking about. Couldn’t see anything….. ripped the cab carpet and side step off… still nothing. Leaning on the passenger door speculating about how much a garage is going to charge to diagnose this truely undiagnosable fault and I happen to look down into the passenger door cubby thing and see THE BOTTLE OF ENGINE OIL UPSIDE DOWN LEAKING!

DEB7297B-B240-43DF-BFE6-E8481BD06D7F.jpeg

Good find.

Thats that sorted then .

Back