Diesel Heater Advice

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by James1982, 14 Oct 2019.

1. oldiebut goodie

oldiebut goodie Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

But it isn't waterproof - no good for external unprotected use, it is water repellent but would not withstand the ducking it would get under a van. ( Thermoduct). I have about 1m of 90mm duct under mine uninsulated and is fine with 4Kw down to 1.5Kw (lowest output setting)

I prefer to use silicone ducting underneath also rather than the fibre internal stuff.

2. James1982

James1982 Member

Yeah I see. More investigation required
    Cheers

3. oldiebut goodie

oldiebut goodie Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

If you mount under the passenger seat you can use a rotatable ball vent to direct the heat at 45° out of the slider.

4. Higgidav

Higgidav Member VIP Member T6 Pro

@James1982 what option did you go for in the end ? I am also thinking the sliding doorstep would be best for my setup if its possible to route the ducting underneath the van.

5. James1982

James1982 Member

I have the extreme battery supplied by travelvolts mounted front to back. A ctek charger and small fuse box with the heater duct under the drivers seat. There is plenty of room to fit all that under there.

6. Higgidav

Thanks for that. I also have Travelvolts kit but mounted my battery left to right so I’ll have a look at altering my setup. Cheers

7. James1982

James1982 Member

Yeah I had mine the same, moved it front to back and kept it on the right side of the seat. Ctek in top left and a small fuse box on top of the battery at the back so it's easily accessible. This leaves plenty of room for the heater duct. Excuse the tape measure I'm doing some measuring up for my fridge pod.

IMG-20191226-WA0003.jpg

8. Higgidav

James, that’s great thanks.