Diesel Cheat Devices & Emissions Claims

Mick

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone tried to claim on this scheme? I have a mate who got £3k back last week on his BMW.

Manufacturers, predominantly German, fitted emissions cheat devices to their diesel cars giving false NOX reading amongst other stuff. When they got caught they started to remove them during servicing and sometimes not telling owners. That resulted in less MPG, pollution & engine issues.

I've just submitted 3 claims for BMWs (535D, 530D & X1) I owned between 2011-2015.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. It's cost VW over £170 million in the UK alone.

What's the criteria for claiming?

I put a claim in to My Diesel Claim
Apparently they are currently completing a deal with VW.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
My son-in-law got a couple of thousand back on his Audi A4.
Same here for my tiguan, and T6. Been going on a while now. Hopefully be near completion soon. Sneaky bloody Germans!

I had a 2009 Passat (diesel) - would that have been too early?

I had a 2009 Passat (diesel) - would that have been too early?
No i believe it was 2008 the earliest. emissionscheatclaim.co.uk try them you put in your reg and they’ll tell you.

Reactions: Bav
According to emissionscheatclaim.co.uk, there's a strong possibility my vehicle was involved in the emissions cheating. :oops:

Anyone know if the promised SMS is supposed to land immediately, as I've not seen anything yet.

According to emissionscheatclaim.co.uk, there's a strong possibility my vehicle was involved in the emissions cheating. :oops:

Anyone know if the promised SMS is supposed to land immediately, as I've not seen anything yet.
one SMS took 30 minutes. The other 2 were almost instant

I completely ignored the PPI thing a few years ago until my IFA gave me a rollocking. I ended up getting £7k back in total. So this is a good effort TBH.

I’ve now also been contacted asking if if I bought any of the vehicles on a PCP, which I did, cos that’s the next set of claims out there cos they all failed to tell you what their commission was.

So now I am in Tesla, Mazda, BMW and Mercedes territory. Who said being retired was a breeze :uh run:

one SMS took 30 minutes. The other 2 were almost instant
Cheers for the info Mick.

With this and my possible recouping of my price increase (all fingers crossed for both), I'm hoping to rinse the VW collective!:fast rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Hmm. Still not received the promised SMS and I can't see any contact details on their website that would allow me to chase said SMS.

They did send me an email though... to enable me to download a mobile app that hasn't been written yet. :confused:

I'm starting to lose confidence in this outfit already. :(

EDIT:
This is what scam-detector.com has to say about emissionscheatclaim.co.uk...
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I take your dealings with them have been to your satisfaction @Mick?

Back