Sold Devonports £150

Status
Not open for further replies.

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Final phase of clearout. set of 4 x 17" Devonports with centre caps clad with Michelin Cross Climates. Condition of wheels varies from very good to one with a good half dozen little cuts, though none as big as your pinkie nail. Also have some remnants of VHB adhesive round the outside from when they wore rim protectors. Tyres are 1 x virtually new with about 500 miles, 2 x with about 3-4mm and one with 2-3mm and probably not much life left in it. Photos below.
Same deal as before, collection only from just east of Doncaster - £150 the lot.

Also 2 x 20mm and 2x 25mm Watfield's spacers with NO BOLTS (well, there are a few left usable but they were mostly mullered getting them off) - Free to whoever wants them but first refusal given to whoever buys the wheels.

IMG_1390.JPGIMG_1391.JPGIMG_1392.JPGIMG_1393.JPGIMG_1394.JPGIMG_1395.JPGIMG_1396.JPGIMG_1397.JPG

Last edited:
@andys. I just wondered what sort of weather conditions that you had used this Cross Climates in and how you found their performance?

Hi @Ayjay. I ran them for 2 years in all weathers and in temperatures from -12 to +32 so I can say what I found good and bad about them.

Good points - great on the road in dry and wet weather, quieter than I expected, reassuring in freezing conditions and on ice, fairly good in mud, and (most surprising to me) absolutely no deterioration in performance in very hot conditions.

Bad points - hopeless on wet grass and no good on snow, wore down quicker than I expected.

I believe they've since been replaced by Cross Climate 2 so I'm not sure how that differs. There's also an Agilis version aimed mainly at commercial vehicles doing longer distances which are from a slightly harder compound to give a longer life on motorways etc, but at the cost of slightly increased braking distance and slightly worse performance off road. Overall I've been pleased with the CCs and would probably get them again if I was looking for a bit more of a road biased tyre than the Pirelli Scorpion AT+ that I moved onto :thumbsup:

@andys. Thanks for that. It's weird how the various reviews of CCs on a Transporter come out as I've seen reports of poor performance on wet grass and snow and also seen others saying how good they were in the same circumstances (ditto for the Agilis). I've actually got the original version on my Audi Q5 and I can honestly say that they have been a brilliant all rounder! I suppose I'll have to make the jump at some point for the van though.

@andys. Thanks for that. It's weird how the various reviews of CCs on a Transporter come out as I've seen reports of poor performance on wet grass and snow and also seen others saying how good they were in the same circumstances (ditto for the Agilis). I've actually got the original version on my Audi Q5 and I can honestly say that they have been a brilliant all rounder! I suppose I'll have to make the jump at some point for the van though.
Yes everyone's experience will differ I suppose, I can only go on my own experience. Weight, weight distribution, driving style and loads of other individual differences, as well as the other/previous vehicles baseline against which you're comparing the performance. On my van, overall they were better than the Continentals it came with, but not as good as the Pirellis I moved on to.

@andys. If you think the original Continentals were bad, you ought to try the 16" Hankooks that came with the original Claytons that I had!

@andys. If you think the original Continentals were bad, you ought to try the 16" Hankooks that came with the original Claytons that I had!
I'll 2nd that. When I got some 18" smoothies with Verdestein pro's the reduction in road noise was incredible.

The Continentals weren’t bad actually as road tyres, just wanted a bit more grip off road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back