Devonport centre caps removal

Ragster13

Parts
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening all, is there a knack to removing Devonport centre caps without bending them whilst fitted to the wheel or is only removable when the wheel is taken off? thanks all

There should be a tool - looks like the pin from a fire extinguisher - on the side of the jack, hook the small 90⁰ bend in to the hole near the centre of the cap and pull outwards.

There should be a tool - looks like the pin from a fire extinguisher - on the side of the jack, hook the small 90⁰ bend in to the hole near the centre of the cap and pull outwards.
The one that you would use on the nut covers @Gavinda? I need to wear my glasses

Screenshot_20220127-195048_Google.jpg
Looks like that and hooks in to the hole in the middle of the 'W' of vw. It should be clipped to the side of the factory jack, assuming your van came from the factory with Devonports.

this is good to know. i've replaced the widow maker with a bottle jack. didn't see the little tool there, it's not on the window maker jack

any other tool i can replace it with? might need to make a little replacement I guess with a piece of metal

good to know now rather than when i actually need to get it off!

Back