Tow Trust Tow-bars

Vanda

T6 Pro
Hi
I have a T6 and have just had a detachable Towbar fitted by a mobile fitter, JW Towbars in West Midlands area. Great price and great job done !!
I also just wanted to share my review of the brand Tow Trust.
Anyone looking for a great detachable tow bar I would strongly recommend this product. The electrics fold away out of sight and the bracket for the tow bar is also hidden behind the bumper.
It’s also a British made product.
Really neat job!

I would also add the paint process their bars go through and finish on their bars is one of the best I have ever seen, also as you have mentioned a great company to deal with.

Hi
I have a T6 and have just had a detachable Towbar fitted by a mobile fitter, JW Towbars in West Midlands area. Great price and great job done !!
I also just wanted to share my review of the brand Tow Trust.
Anyone looking for a great detachable tow bar I would strongly recommend this product. The electrics fold away out of sight and the bracket for the tow bar is also hidden behind the bumper.
It’s also a British made product.
Really neat job!
Hi read your post, during the process of ordering my van we made a list of all the things we want factory fit but can you believe we forgot to add a removable tow bar. When we collected the van we asked the salesperson could we have one fitted after market by the dealership. He was so negative say it's a huge job and will cost in excess of £1300. Other things I had read about is they say a factory fit tow bar ( DSG) vehicle has extra heat shields must be fitted ?

Hi read your post, during the process of ordering my van we made a list of all the things we want factory fit but can you believe we forgot to add a removable tow bar. When we collected the van we asked the salesperson could we have one fitted after market by the dealership. He was so negative say it's a huge job and will cost in excess of £1300. Other things I had read about is they say a factory fit tow bar ( DSG) vehicle has extra heat shields must be fitted ?
Heat shields under the rear bumper? Yeah, there’s a colossal amount of heat generated in that location!
Aftermarket is fine, Westfalia removable for circa £500 notes. At the end of the day Westfalia has a long association with VW Transporters; you can’t go wrong.
The reason the jam rolls at the dealership are negative is because the majority are total tools and once they have the commission from your sale in their pocket, they are only interested in the next person to walk through the door who they can get to line their pockets.

Heat shields under the rear bumper? Yeah, there’s a colossal amount of heat generated in that location!
Aftermarket is fine, Westfalia removable for circa £500 notes. At the end of the day Westfalia has a long association with VW Transporters; you can’t go wrong.
The reason the jam rolls at the dealership are negative is because the majority are total tools and once they have the commission from your sale in their pocket, they are only interested in the next person to walk through the door who they can get to line their pockets.
Thanks for the reply, yes we got that impression, plus was concerned if the dealership were capable of doing the job as well, hence quoting a very high price not to get the work !. So do Westfalia fit additional heat shields under the bumper for after market tow bar ?

Thanks for the reply, yes we got that impression, plus was concerned if the dealership were capable of doing the job as well, hence quoting a very high price not to get the work !. So do Westfalia fit additional heat shields under the bumper for after market tow bar ?
Put it this way. My Westfalia towbar has no additional heat shields around it. But that'll Be because to my knowledge (which I freely admit is less than some folk) there isn’t any heat shields needed in this area. Having been under the van at various times can’t even see any fixing areas where such would be installed. The only shielding is that above the exhaust.

Put it this way. My Westfalia towbar has no additional heat shields around it. But that'll Be because to my knowledge (which I freely admit is less than some folk) there isn’t any heat shields needed in this area. Having been under the van at various times can’t even see any fixing areas where such would be installed. The only shielding is that above the exhaust.
Ok is your van DSG ?

No, but the gearbox is totally the opposite end of the vehicle to where the towbar is mounted. It also does not give out any heat.
@Pauly has the same towbar and I think his is dsg. He’ll confirm.

No additional shields on mine, DSG with detachable Westfalia kit
Cant see any reason for them being required ?

Hi. Mine is a DSG LWB, and the Tow Trust Towbar 7-pin electrics was £300 fitted! And my Strada bike rack works a treat clearing the tailgate.
And BTW, when the Towbar is fitted it doesn’t set off the PDC’s .... which is a bonus if you need leave it on.

I have a tow trust bar. Wasn't from browns though

IMO the receiver is better tucked away than the westfalia, you would have to get on your hands and knees an eye up under the bumper to know I had a tow bar fitted.

Back