Desperate Times...

Paynewright

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Does anyone know if blue paper garage towel is flushable? I’ve got 5 rolls of it and still no bog roll at Aldi!

Does anyone know if blue paper garage towel is flushable? I’ve got 5 rolls of it and still no bog roll at Aldi!

In all seriousness, the issue with things like kitchen roll is that it has long fibres and doesn’t break up, hence it being an issue with clogging pipes. That blue stuff seems to fall apart in water which is similar to bog roll.

Just do what has to be done even with normal toilet tissue in many continental toilets - bin it.

Just do what has to be done even with normal toilet tissue in many continental toilets - bin it.

First time I went to Greece with SWMBO I was a bit shocked about binning used bog roll but it made perfect sense if the plumbing system cannot take it.

With everyone buying baby wipes as no loo paper, I wonder if blockages are around the bend!

LOL ... Just a reminder the color comes out of Blue Roll.... it's not something to be sneezed at you know .

and don't turn your nose up to putting loo paper in the bin..... sorry could't resist... Nick

LOL ... Just a reminder the color comes out of Blue Roll.... it's not something to be sneezed at you know .

and don't turn your nose up to putting loo paper in the bin..... sorry could't resist... Nick

Those older members may remember the grease proof type of loo paper that used to be around years ago... Seemed to double up as tracing paper if I remember... Awful stuff.... plenty of grease proof paper still on the shelves though if things get that bad...!

Serious answer: Stick some in a bottle full of water and close the lid and shake it up. If it’s not broken up in 2 seconds of shaking don’t flush it.

No idea how I learnt or even bothered remembering that was the standard. Let us know how it goes!

Those older members may remember the grease proof type of loo paper that used to be around years ago... Seemed to double up as tracing paper if I remember... Awful stuff.... plenty of grease proof paper still on the shelves though if things get that bad...!

Izal!!

Bad stuff. But before I went to the big school me nan used to bring a roll out of the school on Saturday for me to use as tracing paper;)
It was still standard years later when I went there. Don't think I ever went to the cr@pper in school cos of that!

Serious answer: Stick some in a bottle full of water and close the lid and shake it up. If it’s not broken up in 2 seconds of shaking don’t flush it.

No idea how I learnt or even bothered remembering that was the standard. Let us know how it goes!

Just tried that and ended up in a right bloody mess. Have you tried wiping you arse with soggy bog paper?

I had to wipe my backside with that horrible stuff when I was at school ! How times have changed

I remember when I started working a friends Dads advice (he worked for BT), “always sh!t on company time and get paid for it”. It still ranks as one of the best bests of career advice I’ve had

I also remember holding it in throughout school because of that bloody tracing paper!

Back