VW ‘Design’ 17” 7J Steel Wheels

I've got my eye on a set of these, same thoughts as you, remind me of the steels I had on my Splitscreen.

I've seen them on a few vans and really like them. I'm deep in saving for a camper conversion and want to make sure I'm happy with them before taking the plunge.
I'm also not sure what spec of van comes with these or if they are a simple upgrade.
I also think they would look amazing banded but not sure of legalities with a T6. I know the T4 scene is keen on banded steelies.

I think somewhere on the forum is a section dedicated to these, they do look good banded, but also left alone with some nice all terrain tyres fitted. Not expensive either, few sets on ebay with tyres around the £300 mark, but I think new they are only about £50 each ?

I'm exactly the same, I have had mine dropped 30mm and happy with it, I visit a lot of campsites that arnt very forgiving and seen many vans struggle due to being lowered to much.

Hmm, like these....could well work with a lift and all terrain tyres and spacers. How long do one tyres last driven carefully? Can't justify renewing with perfectly good tyres...Jonny Slidepods suggested powder coating my 16" oe's. anyone done this?

These are my T32 17" steels painted white, with standard centre caps and now with chrome caps tyres are Nokia Weatherproofs 235/60/17 all season, not quite all-terrain, but quite chunky tread and 106 load rated. Suspension is standard ride height.

IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0609.JPG

They've got some nice steels on the Stitches and Steel website.

These are my T32 17" steels painted white, with standard centre caps and now with chrome caps tyres are Nokia Weatherproofs 235/60/17 all season, not quite all-terrain, but quite chunky tread and 106 load rated. Suspension is standard ride height.

View attachment 11652 View attachment 11651
I am seriously thinking about coping your idea on this; I would have the 17" steel powder coated the same "anthracite" as my Devonports with the chrome hub caps
IMG_3911.JPG

Yep I've stuck this idea on hold for now and will put it into action after the conversion, lowering, ecu chipping, front parking sensors for the Mrs, water bottle upgrade as the bumper is off, VCDS purchase etc etc you all know how it is

Yep I've stuck this idea on hold for now and will put it into action after the conversion, lowering, ecu chipping, front parking sensors for the Mrs, water bottle upgrade as the bumper is off, VCDS purchase etc etc you all know how it is
Getting a highline with front and rear sensors, because they're dead handy... getting a reversing camera for the craic, not just for the mrs. Not sure about lowering yet; quite like the van ride height.

Back