Deposit under oil filler cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGozer

T6 Pro
36BD051E-5925-4A7E-BED2-E3D0F54C9862.jpeg Hi all, I have read a few things about a mayonnaise looking deposit under the oil filler cap and it being attributed to the T6 engine running colder than other engines but never see any pictures.

This is a picture of mine yesterday, is this what everyone is talking about or do I have a problem. It looks worse than it is due to the contour of the filler pipe, it is a thin ish layer only.

I always remember an old Rover I had many years ago that had head gasket problems when I see this sort of thing.

Thanks

I'm not worried about that. Pretty normal nowadays.
However, to mitigate issues related to crankcase breathing VW has equipped vans up in cold areas with insulated oil pans in addition to engine bottom cover. It seems to work as my "mayo" build up is barely noticeable. For markets in cold areas there is also a recall Recall - Crankcase breather hose to pre-empt problems at extremely low temperatures.
Oil_pan_insulation_20171123_d.jpg

Its normal and I have posted a service bulletin about before, just wipe it out.

Thanks @Loz and sorry missed that service bulletin. Are they only available to VIP members, I keep meaning to join but never remember at the right moment

does anyone have the part numbers for the oil pan insulation?

This possibly ?
Its worth noting that vehicles with this part fitted have a different sump, states with opening for oil level sensor

Capture.PNG

The engine (with insulation) in the picture above is of type CXFA (110kW/150PS, EU6).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back