T6.1 Defective DSG knob

wickedcamper

Hello VW transporter enthusiasts,

I recently purchased a new second hand VW Transporter T6.1 SWB Edition from 2021 with 11400 km on it. However, I recently discovered a hidden defect with the auto/DSG knob during my first ride, and I'm seeking advice from the community on how to address it.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the right hand side cover of the knob was already broken (according to official dealership who deny a warranty claim), but it was not visible during a short test drive before my purchase. The defect was not apparent until I embarked on my initial ride. I have attached a picture to illustrate the issue.

I am curious to know if anyone else has encountered a similar issue with the auto/DSG knob in their VW Transporter T6.1. If so, I would appreciate any insights into the prevalence of this issue.

Any advice on a potential solution along with the costs I'm looking at (the third party seller says he doesn't accept it as a valid warranty claim which puts me in a catch 22 situation after 24 hours from the actual sale :)).

Thank you in advance for your assistance and support!

Wim

IMG_8729.jpeg

IMG_8730.jpeg

IMG_8731.jpeg

Last edited:
Not a great start! What a S show by the seller…
If it was me I would remove the gerbox stick and have a look. It seems an easy repair.
On the Tube search for VW T6 gearshift knob replacement.

Perhaps take the opportunity to upgrade the knob? The standard knob is fugly and shouldn't be fitted to any vehicle costing more £3.70. :(

Not a great start! What a S show by the seller…
If it was me I would remove the gerbox stick and have a look. It seems an easy repair.
On the Tube search for VW T6 gearshift knob replacement.
Thanks for the advice, judging by the quote from the dealership probably the only one worth trying (they charge a whopping 600!!! euros ). Still don’t really understand the warranty rules but who does anyway…

Perhaps take the opportunity to upgrade the knob? The standard knob is fugly and shouldn't be fitted to any vehicle costing more £3.70. :(
I will definitely take it into consideration once I have some more financial air as I just bought my precious van as these babies don’t come cheap if you work with OEM parts

Reactions: Bav
Back