Dealer Lowering?

What about the B12s? I know they're not adjustable but I probably would never adjust them anyway for fear of ballsing something up and they give -40 which is prob enough for me. Are the B14s really £350 better? £1100 is starting the veins in my neck tremble uncontrollably :eek::D

It's a great look, how does it ride?

I was considering the 40mm H&R's but I think the standard 30mm drop with 18" may be a better option in case of future warranty issues ?
The ride is nice very comfortable and no roll i would recomend eibachs

@Ashley can you provide wheel size, lowering mm, springs & shocks used, Vehicle weight (T30 / T32)
I think we could do with a gallery of the above to compare the looks and equipment, it would save loads of time!

Also, as I'm a no idea car mechanic type of person, is there a list of lowering equipment for different heights and for different kerb weights of vans (T28 / T30 / T32). I'd hate to get the right height, but wrong load rating etc.

Hi,
My Van is a T6 140 T30 Custom Highline . The Wheels are 20" Wolface Assasin, The suspension is lowered by 50mm and makes the vehicle weight from T30 to T32 ( so they say). Eibach springs and Blistern shocks supply and fitted at Custom Vanz. I will probable have to change my tyres from 255-35-20 to 275-35-20.

275! Crikey!! Thanks for the tech specs. 50mm a bit too low for my use of the van on 18" 255 Sportlines. 40mm max i feel.

I was unsure myself. All my tools i need for my job is in the back and with all six seats filled NO REGRETS!!!!

I'm going to see my dealer tomorrow about what they can offer in terms of pricing and keeping within the warranty. Looking to get it lowered with some new 18" alloys. On that note do you think the black alloy will look ok or go for a silvery sportline one? sadly there doesn't seem to be anyone in the south east offering customisations that i know of like customvans or vanstyle otherwise would go see them as also want the front spoilier too...

CA150729-1A31-4A63-A1A1-27E75B06BB10.JPG Don't know if this helps. Mine was dealer lowered yesterday. 18inch wheels. 255/45/18

This is my T30 highline dealer lowered by 30mm on factory 18's just to compare heights.

IMG_6347.JPG

Doesn't look massively different does it? I can see why people go for 20" and 40-50mm

WOW i stand corrected, my apologies. Thanks for the photos, i was beginning to think I wouldn't bother, but seeing those was very helpful. Just sits much nicer now doesn't it.

WOW i stand corrected, my apologies. Thanks for the photos, i was beginning to think I wouldn't bother, but seeing those was very helpful. Just sits much nicer now doesn't it.
I think so. It's only when you see them together it shows the difference.

It's a nicer ride.

I ran our T5 Vel for around 180k miles, and the only thing I was ever critical of was how hard and uncontrolled the ride was on B roads. I had no idea that the springs would be the same on the T6 if you lowered it. Maybe the rest of the suspension is different. My biggest regret was not changing the whole of the Vel T5 suspension to Bilstein Or KW coil overs. On thing about the standard -30mm Vel springs, is that they kept snapping on mine, and I carried a very light load.
I would rob my granny to find the extra money and move to coil-overs if it was me, (I have DCC on my T6 vel, so not relevant to me):D

Why do you say that? I'll be having 50mm Eibach's fitted to mine and will be running 18" with 255/45's.
Just seems that is bordering on reducing the usefulness of the T32 load carrying and avoiding the potholes and speed bumps. I wouldn't really know as I'm new to this boy race pimping my ride sort of game! 41 and mid life crisis?

Do the Eibach's etc maintain the VW warranty? Or is the warranty only maintained if VW fit them? What is the price for supply and fit for T32 load rating?

I thought you meant that a 50mm drop was too much for 18" wheels.

Warranty is a bit unclear - if you fit something that VW don't supply, and then you have a problem, they may try to blame your non standard modification. I'm doing it anyway even though I am a good few years older than you :thumbsup:

Back