Dealer damaged my gloss-black alloys

Qais2020

Builder - driveways
T6 Guru
Hi everyone I had my van booked in for a health check At vw dealership and they washed my van and guess what they scratched all my brand new refurbished black gloss alloys :mad:. What should I do any suggestions please.

Hi everyone I had my van booked in for a health check At vw dealership and they washed my van and guess what they scratched all my brand new refurbished black gloss alloys :mad:. What should I do any suggestions please.

A picture might help mate.

Yeah as I thought. Gloss Black wheels are a total nightmare to keep looking perfect. Even the washing process will scratch up the paint really fast.
Most of that will machine polish out, but I bet they look like that after a few months of you washing them too. I've been down this road several times and as much as I love Gloss Black wheels, they just don't last long before they look like the pictures above.

They must of used a Brillo pad

More than likely that was just VW's guys washing and using a contaminated cloth to dry the wheels, because if they are only 3 days old, then they won't of been dirty enough to use anything harsh.
Maybe get them polished back up and ceramic coat them to help protect them.

On another thread a member complained today that his T6 had been in to the dealer for an EGR related problem and they had returned it unwashed.
I replied, "I 'd be quite happy with it being unwashed! The work experience lad isn't going to wash it as carefully as you would." ;)

Should I get them to sort it out ?

If they cannot clean and dry a wheel without wrecking it, I probably wouldn't trust them trying to sort out the damage they caused in the first place. It's a bit of a difficult predicament unless you know a good detailer that will spend half an hour rectifying it.

As Tourershine says, they’ll probably make it worse,
Those wheels are going to need polishing by someone who knows what they’re doing.
You could try getting an estimate from a detailer and then going back to the dealer and asking for a contribution towards the cost. Show the dealer your receipt from the wheel refurbishers to prove when you had them done because they’ll probably try and say they were already like it.
In the future though, if you take any vehicle to a dealer for any work, make sure you insist that they don’t wash it

Unless you ceramic coat those wheels this will happen very quickly so I don't think they have been overly harsh on them. Worth a try but they will come out pretty easy so Id mention it and see what they say.

I have gloss black wheels (not by choice, they are getting colour changed) and I would never buy them new, waste of time trying to keep them clean.

Back