Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

Damm Deaky.... looks like your vans is providing the tunes and disco lights at events this year. Truely impressive, kudos

@Deaky - I think your van is superb and a bit of an inspiration to a wannabe, pretender like myself. I’m taking inspiration from your side panels and lighting. Great work bud.
Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Leave some LEDs for the rest of us.
Looks awesome mate. :thumbsup: The jealousy continues.
Did you get to the bottom of your leaky back end from bala?
Yes water was coming under the canvas at the back. VanDoc had it in for a couple of days and sorted it.

Never looked through your full build thread omg lovely, never got round to having a nosey inside your van at bala but next meet up will :thumbsup:

Looking awesome @Deaky . Can I ask where you got the recessed LEDs that are in the pop top surround? (The ones that you fitted into the trim pieces and screwed through )

Wow! I wish I was good with electrics! I love some leds in the door cards! Just don’t even have a clue where to start!:(

Finally got around to sorting out the lights up top in the roof. The Hilo came fitted with a couple of touch led's. Only problem is when the roof is up and you're lying in bed you can't reach them to switch them off. :rolleyes:

The roof lining is a piece of ply that is screwed to wooden blocks fitted on the inside of the roof. It took a while to find all the screws hidden in the carpet but I finally got it off.

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg
I'm going to keep the recessed theme going and fit some led strips, same as is already fitted in the sides of the roof. Rather than messing about trying to fill in the original holes I've opted to stick a shaped piece of ply over the old holes and fit the aluminium channels into that.

IMG_6229.jpg

All carpeted and ready to re fit.

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

Back