Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

It all does add up when you add the LED ambient lights/connectors etc it's get quite pricey

Today I’ve fitted a few Calli bits supplied by our resident expert parts supplier @Pauly

First off was the sliding door cards. There’s a few metal clips that have to be inserted around the window aperture, if you have factory sliding windows, remove the plastic cover from the top and bottom. You’ll see that bottom row of clips are slightly impeded by the bottom rail of the window.

View attachment 17009

You can see the honeycomb structure that’s in the way. I carefully cut it away with a chisel and slid the clip in

View attachment 17010

The rest of the clips up the sides and across the top of the window slide in easily.

View attachment 17011

Make sure they’re pushed all the way in place

View attachment 17012

Remove the existing plastic cover from around the lock mechanism, pull the door handle open to remove it. Remove the lock button too.

Offer the bottom card up and clip the metal clips in place below the window. Check the clips around the edge line up with their respective holes and clip it in place. For the top trim, first spray each metal clip with a little silicone spray or WD40. It makes it much easier to clip in place. Line up all the clips and push each in. They go in with a loud clip, you need to push hard to get them to lock. Finally put the new lock button on the stem, bend it forwards and slide it into the lock surround then manoeuvre the surround around the handle and clip it in place. Job done..

View attachment 17013

View attachment 17014

View attachment 17015

@Deaky this is really helpful...how do you remove the trims from the factory sliding Windows?

Its been quiet because the van has been parked outside vandoc waiting to be started for a few weeks. It’s almost done now, due back to me on Wednesday. Watch this space :whistle:

Back