Dead Lock / Safe Locks

GavMc P11GT

Hi I’ve posted on here before about my absent safe locks on our van! I’m still no further forward!

I had a brief conversation with a VW master tech who mainly deals with the car side of things as opposed to commercials. He thinks that all of the doors have their own control modules and could be on a network so to speak! Also one of the doors would be a master module that would control the network (this is roughly how a golf for example would work and as I say he was nt sure if the vans were as sophisticated)

Anyhow I’ve lost the kids number and he was gonna get the van on Odis to see if anything would show up and point to why the safe locks aren’t acctuating.

So getting to the point of this long post!

1 if the system above does exist which door is the master my guess is the drivers door

2 would VCDS show the same info he was hoping to find using Odis?

Cheers in advance

have you got the original build list?

has the van got the alarm fitted.

dead locks may have been a optional extra from factory - so your van may not have them?

the lock go back to the main BCM module,

you may or may no have them fitted.

+++

@Pauly can we pull his build list? - will that show if he had the dead locks option?

Yeah it has the alarm fitted and the deadlocks worked when we first got the van but stopped working a while ago and have been on the to do list!

What’s the build list out of interest?

Build list is the sticker under the dash that details all the original build options.

So you saying your deadlocks are not working?

One keypress will lock&deadlock.

Two remote key press will lock& deadlock , then undeadlock.

Press and hold the lock key for comfort closing... Ie windows close.

Do all your doors show closed on the dash?

Hi yeah all doors show on the dash one press locks the doors the second just flashes the lights!

When locked it can be opened from inside.

The alarm still works fine
Comfort function still works too

It’s just the deadlocking that’s not happening

You had any coding been done.

Or messed with any carista, vcds, etc.

We had all of the tell tale lights knocked off for led lights the Australian region for the digital speedo and also drls off when handbrake is on done

Just wondering if any coding has been messed with regarding the dead locks?

Re ..

"Just wondering if any coding has been messed with regarding the dead locks?"

Post in thread 'Dead Lock / Safe Locks' Dead Lock / Safe Locks

Reactions: mmi
Back