DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) Retrofit

I am not shure if DCC realy makes the car better, but i am thinking about retrofitting it, too.

I am not shure if DCC realy makes the car better, but i am thinking about retrofitting it, too.
we've had it for 3 years now; and wouldn't hesitate t0 spec it up again. It's superb imo.
Our van has a 20mm drop as standard (Vel Exec) would you go that route also?

Last edited:
My lovely wife has it on her Tiguan R-Line, don't drive it much at all so not tested it. I asked what she thought and got a blank look with " Dcc?"!!
My Mrs is a bit too tech-savey for my liking (I can get away with nothing:(), and does adjust it; although its mostly on "comfort " these days.
I think the big thing with DCC is the 90+% of its functionality has nothing to do with the 3 way settings; it just does it all on its own:)

I need to estimate total cost of this project but in the mean time another bit of the puzzle.:)
Wiring loom by Kufatec ----> KUFATEC

Reactions: mmi
Is it possible to retro fit the DCC system after delivery , the harness must surely be a ton of work and cost ??? . There is a very capable alternative that is easily retro fitted and functions similarly to DCC . Its fully automatic however and doesn't need to be switched on and off by the driver , It activates it self when needed . There are no electrical connections or electronics needed it is all Hydraulically controlled internally . The advantage is, this system doesn't simply throttle the flow of oil ( as per the Video attached earlier in thread ) to change characteristics of the damping and all Hydraulic engineers will tell you this ins't the ideal way to get a stiffer feel as results aren't consistent when the oil gets hot .
The KONI FSD Special active dampers are Stiff and sporty like DCC set on stiff while on smooth surfaces , however they automatically soften up on bumpy surfaces to keep comfort levels high . Its factory fitted on Mclaren SLR , Aston Martin and Lamborghini so clearly tried and tested .
It only works on vehicles with normal height and sensible drops , but in reality a DCC is a waste in a low low van anyway .

Last edited:
Unable to chip in regarding retrofit or not.

But I ordered DCC on my van after quite some doubts .
Somewhat costly option so decision was not easy and for once the internet was not of much help regarding true value for the ride. Even saw a walk thru stating that it wasn't even a feelable difference when running on 18" or above rims. After receiving the van I was absolutely clueless as to how those guys came to that conclusion.

Must say I really like it. Most of the time riding smaller roads the "S" position tightens things up and thus ads much to the joy of everyday riding. On the other hand on longer trips with the family on the freeway the "C" setting does give a much softer ride.

Unable to chip in regarding retrofit or not.

But I ordered DCC on my van after quite some doubts .
Somewhat costly option so decision was not easy and for once the internet was not of much help regarding true value for the ride. Even saw a walk thru stating that it wasn't even a feelable difference when running on 18" or above rims. After receiving the van I was absolutely clueless as to how those guys came to that conclusion.

Must say I really like it. Most of the time riding smaller roads the "S" position tightens things up and thus ads much to the joy of everyday riding. On the other hand on longer trips with the family on the freeway the "C" setting does give a much softer ride.
May I ask how much was it as an option while buying new vehicle?

Forum info about DCC ---> SSP 406 - The dynamic chassis control DCC
or ---> SSP 406 – DCC Adaptive Chassis Control

Unconfirmed but in Seat Leon Cupra the chassis control could be a derivative of Audi's "magnetic ride".
---> SSP 381 - Audi TT Coupe 2007 – Suspension System pp.23-33.
As far as i understand the Audi Mag ride works as follows . The oil in the shock can be magnetically charged to change viscosity . this will then stiffen the ride of the car with out changing the valves . The DCC Dynamic chassis control actually throttles the flow of oil to stiffen the dampers . The DCC has three positions comfort , normal and sport , the mag ride i think has normal and sport . Talking to top Hydraulics engineers it seems both these systems are fairly functional but very gimmicky because to alter the performance of a shock you should always change the actual VALVE not the oil

I've got it as a std fit on my gen six. I normally run it on normal or sport, use comfort for motorway as on our little country roads it gets a little wallowy in comfort. There is a big difference between comfort & sport

May I ask how much was it as an option while buying new vehicle?
I am in DK so invoice says DCC is something that translates into £1200 including DK 25% VAT but without taxes which in DK, on normal purchasing terms, makes it an £3000 option.

Last edited:
I am in DK so invoice says DCC is something that translates into £1200 including DK 25% VAT but without taxes which in DK, on normal purchasing terms, makes it an £3000 option.
I am a little bit confused.:thumbsdown:
1200??? 3000???
Can you please quote in €?;)

Sorry if it was unclear.

In DK we have a basic VAT of 25% on (almost) all purchases.
Due to buying on special terms I paid £1200. That £1200 amount was including the standard VAT
That amount did however not include a generally (in DK) added extra tax making the option a total £3000 which I luckily did not have to cough up as well due to the special terms..

Hope that makes things clearer.

Last edited:
Sorry if it was unclear.

In DK we have a basic VAT of 25% on (almost) all purchases.
Due to buying on special terms I paid £1200. That £1200 amount was including the standard VAT
That amount did however not include a generally (in DK) added extra tax making the option a total £3000 which I luckily did not have to cough up as well due to the special terms..

Hope that makes things clearer.
Thanks mate, so I presume you have paid approximately €1350:cool:

Just for price reference there are 2 options of DCC on T6.1 now.
And in Germany it is listed as follows:
Adaptive chassis control DCC Dynamik(with dynamic suspension) €1417
Adaptive chassis control DCC Standard(with standard suspension) €1286
Link to configuration ---> Der VW Nutzfahrzeuge Konfigurator

Back