Dcc ( Dynamic Chassis Control ) - To Retrofit Or Not To Retrofit

Discussion in 'Suspension Steering Brakes' started by Robert, 1 Dec 2019 at 01:18.

1. Robert

Robert Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map

What's others opinion? Comments? Experience? Retrofit?

Deaky, mmi and dnoermann like this.
  2. dnoermann

dnoermann Member VIP Member T6 Pro

I am not shure if DCC realy makes the car better, but i am thinking about retrofitting it, too.

Robert likes this.
  3. mmi

mmi Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Dellmassive and Robert like this.
  4. Dellmassive

Dellmassive 204 T32 DSG LWB SPORTLINE PV MY18 VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    looks like an interesting project =]

Robert likes this.
  5. Robert

Map
    Some of the required parts;)

Zrzut ekranu z 2019-11-28 23-48-34.png

Zrzut ekranu z 2019-11-28 23-53-42.png

Deaky, mmi and Dellmassive like this.
  6. chriscroft

chriscroft 14 years of VW T 'ing VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    we've had it for 3 years now; and wouldn't hesitate t0 spec it up again. It's superb imo.
    Our van has a 20mm drop as standard (Vel Exec) would you go that route also?

Last edited: 1 Dec 2019 at 21:05
    Robert likes this.
  7. Lukavell

Lukavell Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    My lovely wife has it on her Tiguan R-Line, don't drive it much at all so not tested it. I asked what she thought and got a blank look with " Dcc?"!!

chriscroft, Robert and Pete C like this.
  8. chriscroft

chriscroft 14 years of VW T 'ing VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    My Mrs is a bit too tech-savey for my liking (I can get away with nothing:(), and does adjust it; although its mostly on "comfort " these days.
    I think the big thing with DCC is the 90+% of its functionality has nothing to do with the 3 way settings; it just does it all on its own:)

Lukavell likes this.
  9. Robert

Map
    I need to estimate total cost of this project but in the mean time another bit of the puzzle.:)
    Wiring loom by Kufatec ----> KUFATEC

10. CRS Performance

CRS Performance Member Trade Member T6 Pro

Map
    Is it possible to retro fit the DCC system after delivery , the harness must surely be a ton of work and cost ??? . There is a very capable alternative that is easily retro fitted and functions similarly to DCC . Its fully automatic however and doesn't need to be switched on and off by the driver , It activates it self when needed . There are no electrical connections or electronics needed it is all Hydraulically controlled internally . The advantage is, this system doesn't simply throttle the flow of oil ( as per the Video attached earlier in thread ) to change characteristics of the damping and all Hydraulic engineers will tell you this ins't the ideal way to get a stiffer feel as results aren't consistent when the oil gets hot .
    The KONI FSD Special active dampers are Stiff and sporty like DCC set on stiff while on smooth surfaces , however they automatically soften up on bumpy surfaces to keep comfort levels high . Its factory fitted on Mclaren SLR , Aston Martin and Lamborghini so clearly tried and tested .
    It only works on vehicles with normal height and sensible drops , but in reality a DCC is a waste in a low low van anyway .

Last edited: 1 Dec 2019 at 21:34
  11. Repete

Repete Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Unable to chip in regarding retrofit or not.

But I ordered DCC on my van after quite some doubts .
    Somewhat costly option so decision was not easy and for once the internet was not of much help regarding true value for the ride. Even saw a walk thru stating that it wasn't even a feelable difference when running on 18" or above rims. After receiving the van I was absolutely clueless as to how those guys came to that conclusion.

Must say I really like it. Most of the time riding smaller roads the "S" position tightens things up and thus ads much to the joy of everyday riding. On the other hand on longer trips with the family on the freeway the "C" setting does give a much softer ride.

12. Robert

Map
    May I ask how much was it as an option while buying new vehicle?

13. CRS Performance

CRS Performance Member Trade Member T6 Pro

Map
    As far as i understand the Audi Mag ride works as follows . The oil in the shock can be magnetically charged to change viscosity . this will then stiffen the ride of the car with out changing the valves . The DCC Dynamic chassis control actually throttles the flow of oil to stiffen the dampers . The DCC has three positions comfort , normal and sport , the mag ride i think has normal and sport . Talking to top Hydraulics engineers it seems both these systems are fairly functional but very gimmicky because to alter the performance of a shock you should always change the actual VALVE not the oil

14. Spookybear

Spookybear Jan 17 Gen Six in silver over blue VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I've got it as a std fit on my gen six. I normally run it on normal or sport, use comfort for motorway as on our little country roads it gets a little wallowy in comfort. There is a big difference between comfort & sport

Robert and Repete like this.
  15. Repete

Map
    I am in DK so invoice says DCC is something that translates into £1200 including DK 25% VAT but without taxes which in DK, on normal purchasing terms, makes it an £3000 option.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2019 at 21:55
    Robert likes this.
  16. Robert

Map
    I am a little bit confused.:thumbsdown:
    1200??? 3000???
    Can you please quote in €?;)

17. Repete

Map
    Sorry if it was unclear.

In DK we have a basic VAT of 25% on (almost) all purchases.
    Due to buying on special terms I paid £1200. That £1200 amount was including the standard VAT
    That amount did however not include a generally (in DK) added extra tax making the option a total £3000 which I luckily did not have to cough up as well due to the special terms..

Hope that makes things clearer.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2019 at 22:55
    Robert likes this.
  18. Robert

Map
    Thanks mate, so I presume you have paid approximately €1350:cool:

19. Repete

Map
    Considering exchange rates we are around the €1400 mark yes.

Robert likes this.
  20. Robert

Map
    Just for price reference there are 2 options of DCC on T6.1 now.
    And in Germany it is listed as follows:
    Adaptive chassis control DCC Dynamik(with dynamic suspension) €1417
    Adaptive chassis control DCC Standard(with standard suspension) €1286
    Link to configuration ---> Der VW Nutzfahrzeuge Konfigurator

mmi likes this.