[Guide] DC-DC Charger (for leisure battery) -- How I Done It --

Does anyone have knowledge of the relay adaptor that @travelvolts used to supply which was used to allow a dc-dc charger to be connected to the factory second battery wiring?
@Dellmassive?
My issue is this:-
My ctek 250se is not charging my Renogy LiFePo battery.
All the lights on the ctek behave as though it’s working perfectly. I start the engine I get the green and the two bottom yellows to show it’s charging from the alternator. I also get the top orange to show it’s charging from solar. Without the engine in I get the green light and the two diagonal orange to show its charging from solar.
No flashing fault lights etc.
However-it is not charging the LB.
All fuses are good. All wiring looks ok.
I’m in Spain touring around.
Is it possible to just remove the wire from the battery output of the ctek that at the moment goes into the travel bolts relay and replace it with a normal fuses 75a lead direct to the battery this elimination that as a possible problem.
Also, if the internal fuse in the ctek had failed would the ctek still be showing all the correct lights or would it flash an error does anyone know?

Does anyone have knowledge of the relay adaptor that @travelvolts used to supply which was used to allow a dc-dc charger to be connected to the factory second battery wiring?
@Dellmassive?
My issue is this:-
My ctek 250se is not charging my Renogy LiFePo battery.
All the lights on the ctek behave as though it’s working perfectly. I start the engine I get the green and the two bottom yellows to show it’s charging from the alternator. I also get the top orange to show it’s charging from solar. Without the engine in I get the green light and the two diagonal orange to show its charging from solar.
No flashing fault lights etc.
However-it is not charging the LB.
All fuses are good. All wiring looks ok.
I’m in Spain touring around.
Is it possible to just remove the wire from the battery output of the ctek that at the moment goes into the travel bolts relay and replace it with a normal fuses 75a lead direct to the battery this elimination that as a possible problem.
Also, if the internal fuse in the ctek had failed would the ctek still be showing all the correct lights or would it flash an error does anyone know?
post some voltage pics. . . assuming you got a multimeter now?

the Travel volts relay wire is just a plug and play way of getting to the starter and LB POS connections (plus the Engine run signal)

you can omit the relay by cutting and joining the wires. ( thats what i done )

those ctek d250s are known for going bad.

so its time to start testing voltages to see whats going on.

assuming you have this setup?

1709726756153.png

+++++++++++

using the multimeter you should have 3 voltage readings . . .

YELLOW - the starter battery voltage (10-15v)

GREEN - the LB voltage (10-15v)

BLUE - the solar panel voltage (10-25v)

1709727003515.png

post some screen shots of the renogy APP when the engine is running with the main headlights ON. (or HEATED SEATS ON)

I don’t have a multimeter with me. I’ll try to buy one as I go along and then test those 3.
My Renogy app with everything on and the ctek showing all lights charging just shows 0v incoming.

I don’t have a multimeter with me. I’ll try to buy one as I go along and then test those 3.
My Renogy app with everything on and the ctek showing all lights charging just shows 0v incoming.
Might be a stupid suggestion, but the LB isn't fully charged, is it? :oops:

Actually, what is the SOC? So we know what you should be expecting to see.

Also, might be worth checking you haven't accidentally pressed something in the ctek app to disable charging or similar.

Might be a stupid suggestion, but the LB isn't fully charged, is it? :oops:

Actually, what is the SOC? So we know what you should be expecting to see.

Also, might be worth checking you haven't accidentally pressed something in the ctek app to disable charging or similar.
LB at time of faffing was 39%. Been used for 3 days since last EHU. Purposely didn’t get EHU in the site so it would be needing a charge.

Ctek doesn’t have an app. Is a dumb unit so to speak.

Soc of Lb will be 100% now as I’ve put it EHU coz we move on tomorrow towards an aire near Cartagena.

My plan was just to buy a Victron mppt 75/15 wire it in and live off the solar. But finding a place that sells those is driving me daft. Except for a place in the harbour at Denia that was asking €200 for a £52 unit. Them boat owners are obviously wadded lol.

My plan was just to buy a Victron mppt 75/15 wire it in and live off the solar. But finding a place that sells those is driving me daft.

Sorry to hear about the issues. Tech always fails at the wrong time doesn’t it?

How about amazon.es? I’ve used it with Chrome translation just fine. There also seems to be Amazon lockers in Cartagena so should be able to get what you need in some days, don’t know how fast their domestic deliveries are.

1709746418823.png

Sorry to hear about the issues. Tech always fails at the wrong time doesn’t it?

How about amazon.es? I’ve used it with Chrome translation just fine. There also seems to be Amazon lockers in Cartagena so should be able to get what you need in some days, don’t know how fast their domestic deliveries are.

View attachment 232012
Oooo never thought of that. I’ve never done Amazon but her indoors has an account. I’ll look into it tomorrow when the San Miguel wears off.
Thanks.

Back