daytime running lights

a5cyt

t32 204 kombi highline lwb with dsg.
T6 Pro
does anyone know how easy it is to fit daytime running lights, from vw?

If your on about the led grille version then it's fairly straight forward.. if you have front parking sensors then you need to cut the replacement grille to the shape of the sensors. As for wiring them in the instructions are pretty good. You may find that there isn't enough slack on the headlight wiring when splicing the leds in.

This has been in a couple threads, I have had a play around with a couple kits but haven't personally fitted any.
The lights come with replacement panels and all required parts so looks straight forward enough, essentially you have a negative to take to ground and two positive wires to connect to headlight wiring, one live brings the DRLs on and the other live dims them
There is a bit of plastic trimming required to get everything in so a dremel or fein saw would be handy

This may be a silly question. I too was thinking about adding the led grill mounted DRLs. How does this effect the regular DRLs mounted in the lamp units? Do the work aswell or are they deactivated? May be obvious but not sure! Cheers

This may be a silly question. I too was thinking about adding the led grill mounted DRLs. How does this effect the regular DRLs mounted in the lamp units? Do the work aswell or are they deactivated? May be obvious but not sure! Cheers
Don't change anything on the existing setup although the original DRLs can be disabled with VCDS if required

Can someone provide VW part number for this kit? As far as I've been looking this item does not exist in Volkswagen parts system in EU mainland.
RACELINE-GTS-PANEL-VAN-WHEAT-BEIGE-3.jpg

I think them are a custonvanz part/LED that they mod the original grill fit them too. Vw do a DRL kit, @Pauly sells them

@Pauly is this the correct part no: ZGB7E0052192?
Nevertheless this does not come up in our system here in Estonia. Perhaps should go the same way as Customvanz and just add matching LED-strip to grill?

I've been told you can't fit the Led grille DRLs if the van has the auto headlights which are standard on Highlines, anyone heard differently?

It's only LED headlights they are not compatible with out the box AFAIK
There is an additional relay in the box that can be fitted if required to stop any bulb out warnings perhaps that's the bit that relates to auto headlights ?

I programmed my T6 to have front fog lights as DRL. As I do not like yellowish tone I'm thinking of changing the bulbs anytime soon.

Interestingly above mentioned DRL code is only available in UK

Last edited by a moderator:
@Paul, I completely agree, the yellow tones when you ordered up LED headlights seem to me to be a cost saving NASTY from VW, especially when you pay premium for LED headlights.

How did you go about reprogramming the fog lights?

Interesting argument here is that fog lights in the UK are a technical illegal, conflicting terms of use on the highway code and UK laws ( I was told by a friend)

@Paul, I completely agree, the yellow tones when you ordered up LED headlights seem to me to be a cost saving NASTY from VW, especially when you pay premium for LED headlights.

How did you go about reprogramming the fog lights?

Interesting argument here is that fog lights in the UK are a technical illegal, conflicting terms of use on the highway code and UK laws ( I was told by a friend)

I used this info: https://www.t6forum.com/threads/fog-lights-as-drls.1747/

The same here in Estonia - fog lights by themselves are not allowed, but they are OK if you use them alongside with side lights(if that's the correct term). At the same time VW Passat B7 without xenon's have similar solution already from factory and I think it's not the only car like that.

Back