Review: DAV-TEC

Having been messed around with VW and other 'recommended' auto electricians I went to Chris at Dav-Tec today about my alternating blinking dipped lights, the sort of problem no one seems to want to solve, nor for that matter knows how to. Long story short, Chris sorted this quickly with no bother and at a decent price. This was my forth attempt so you imagine my relief.! Not only that he sorted a couple of electrical niggles, again quickly and without any fuss and when asked about upgrades he gave an honest assessment and certainly didn't try to up-sell me. Chris seems a really decent hardworking lad so I'd recommend him to anyone.

Thank you mate that means a lot. Really nice to meet you buddy, glad it's all sorted

Having been messed around with VW and other 'recommended' auto electricians I went to Chris at Dav-Tec today about my alternating blinking dipped lights, the sort of problem no one seems to want to solve, nor for that matter knows how to. Long story short, Chris sorted this quickly with no bother and at a decent price. This was my forth attempt so you imagine my relief.! Not only that he sorted a couple of electrical niggles, again quickly and without any fuss and when asked about upgrades he gave an honest assessment and certainly didn't try to up-sell me. Chris seems a really decent hardworking lad so I'd recommend him to anyone.
The same sort of comments echoed again and again about Chris is good to see and a credit to him!
Great post/review @Bensiliano :thumbsup:

Just wanted to express my gratitiude for Chris's time @Dav-Tec & knowledge today:thumbsup: :thumbsup:diagnosing some electrical/SW/wiring issues with my T6.1 (on a bank holiday as well!)

Suffuce to say I would not hesitate to drive the 100miles (each way) for his services again, he's well worth your time/£ as well.

Long story short, a VW CV main dealer has been stringing me along with BS for over 6 months:mad: & I now have independant proof of an issue that should have been done as a simple warranty repair.

Anyway hopefully Chris susses a way to invert the Auto stop/start on a T6.1 to default to 'off' each ignition cycle cos I'll be straight on the A64/M1 when he announces that!:laugh: ;)

Last edited:
Anyway hopefully Chris susses a way to invert the Auto stop/start on a T6.1 to default to 'off' each ignition cycle cos I'll be straight on the A64/M1 when he announces that!:laugh: ;)

Have a look on eBay as I got a device for my T6 that does this. It remembers the last seeing and keeps it in place until you press the stop/start button again.

Also has a service option which turns it off completely.

This eBay link - Stop/start device

Have a look on eBay as I got a device for my T6 that does this. It remembers the last seeing and keeps it in place until you press the stop/start button again.

Also has a service option which turns it off completely.
Yeah he said he’d tried one/or similar & it doesn’t work the same on a T6.1. Although my grey cells are a bit fried ATM it was a very early start this morning :sleep:

Yeah he said he’d tried one/or similar & it doesn’t work the same on a T6.1. Although my grey cells are a bit fried ATM it was a very early start this morning :sleep:
I believe someone posted on here in the last week or 2 that they have managed to get it working on 6.1 now.

I believe someone posted on here in the last week or 2 that they have managed to get it working on 6.1 now.

Just wanted to post a huge thankyou to Chris at Dav-Tec for coming to my rescue and unlocking my fader on my t6.1. A thoroughly nice chap who really knows his stuff. Had a great chat afterwards and look forward to meeting up again. Highly recommended and cant wait to get one of his reverse cameras on my van

I must admit I'm quite proud of the feedback and reviews on here. Gives me a nudge when I need it to keep pushing on the day's that make me want to kick it all in. But thank you everyone for your kind comments!

I must admit I'm quite proud of the feedback and reviews on here. Gives me a nudge when I need it to keep pushing on the day's that make me want to kick it all in. But thank you everyone for your kind comments!
.....just need to organise a free shuttle to Morrisons for a fry-up Chris...

Ha. Well hoping to find my own premises soon so Morrison's may change to another establishment of fine dining!

Wot? You’re doing bacon butties now?!!
Oh @JOG you want to see my ideas list. Mrs Dav-Tec is wondering wtf is going on inside my head!

I've been thinking of doing a Dav-Tec/T6Forum meet somewhere maybe like a BBQ or something. Maybe if I get my own place soon get some sort of open day going on

Been a bit slow writing a review for Chris (Dav-Tec) (Sorry).
I had just bought a T6.1 and wanted some extra security and spotted him on the T6 forum. Chris booked me in sharpish and sorted out a Meta Trak S5 & Thinkware Dash Cam.
Both are brill and Chris sorted out a minor problem as T6.1 wiring is not quite the same as T6 and the Dash Cam kept powering down when I switched lights to off position. Sorted now thanks to Chris' knowledge and skill with a test lead! Great friendly service and I would recommend him.

Thanks again Chris from Chris @ Selston

I had just bought a T6.1 and wanted some extra security and spotted him on the T6 forum. Chris booked me in sharpish and sorted out a Meta Trak S5 & Thinkware Dash Cam.
Both are brill and Chris sorted out a minor problem as T6.1 wiring is not quite the same as T6 and the Dash Cam kept powering down when I switched lights to off position. Sorted now thanks to Chris' knowledge and skill with a test lead! Great friendly service and I would recommend him.

Cheers buddy glad you're happy with the products and service!

Great write-up and worthy praise too

Big thanks to Chris and Al for sticking it out yesterday and working late to save me having to come back another day.

Hopefully I'm welcome back in the future :slow rofl:

Back