Review: DAV-TEC

Yeah done a couple no complaints

Is it safe for the engine spraying liquid into the air intake?

So the fuel tank one works fine but we have found the Revive turbo and DPF cleaner that goes in the intake really good stuff. Not cheap but works great. We'll as far as wonder stuff in a bottle goes anyway

It's a mist that goes in and by the time it's gone through the intake and mix with fuel it's fine. I doubt a company the size of the one who own Revive would make a product the would cause any damage to the engine we've used it alot without any issues. It's designed for the job.

Hello all, I presented our van, a 2020 T6.1 150bhp, 5 speed manual, LWB fully converted campervan with RIB 130cm Altair seat/bed and kitchen and pop up roof, at the DAV-TEC base just outside Chesterfield on Saturday morning for it to have a Remap. I was greeted by Chris who took the van into his workshop and I was imediatley immpressed by his strict application of health and safety policy where only technical staff are permitted access to the clean structured, well laid out workshop area. I was directed to a comfortable, heated waiting room that had free coffee/tea/water boiling facility + flat screen tv and free wifi. Chris worked on the van, which included taking it out on a few road runs with myself driving and Chris in the passenger seat with his lap top plugged into the van. Now these road runs are only successful if you do what Chris asks you to do, when he says to do it, ie the gear he says, at the rpm he says, then foot hard down on the gas to the floor when he says so.. All went well considering that before hand at some point VW had fiddled about with some type of attempt of a remap. After Chris had completed his magic and sent me on my merry way home I could not believe the difference in the performance on the drive home. I understand also that the factory 150bhp is now 208bhp at 479Nm following the DAV-TEC remap. I have the graphs showing the before and after the remap, but I am not going to show them on here as I feel they are part and parcel of the DAV-TEC magic. I can recommend the services of DAV-TEC most highly. I am a return customer having had previous work done on the van by DAV-TEC, incuding a full fit and wire of an excellent reversing camera. Thanks again DAV-TEC you have done a great job and given me first class customer service.
Creamytash(Nottingham)

Hello all, I presented our van, a 2020 T6.1 150bhp, 5 speed manual, LWB fully converted campervan with RIB 130cm Altair seat/bed and kitchen and pop up roof, at the DAV-TEC base just outside Chesterfield on Saturday morning for it to have a Remap. I was greeted by Chris who took the van into his workshop and I was imediatley immpressed by his strict application of health and safety policy where only technical staff are permitted access to the clean structured, well laid out workshop area. I was directed to a comfortable, heated waiting room that had free coffee/tea/water boiling facility + flat screen tv and free wifi. Chris worked on the van, which included taking it out on a few road runs with myself driving and Chris in the passenger seat with his lap top plugged into the van. Now these road runs are only successful if you do what Chris asks you to do, when he says to do it, ie the gear he says, at the rpm he says, then foot hard down on the gas to the floor when he says so.. All went well considering that before hand at some point VW had fiddled about with some type of attempt of a remap. After Chris had completed his magic and sent me on my merry way home I could not believe the difference in the performance on the drive home. I understand also that the factory 150bhp is now 208bhp at 479Nm following the DAV-TEC remap. I have the graphs showing the before and after the remap, but I am not going to show them on here as I feel they are part and parcel of the DAV-TEC magic. I can recommend the services of DAV-TEC most highly. I am a return customer having had previous work done on the van by DAV-TEC, incuding a full fit and wire of an excellent reversing camera. Thanks again DAV-TEC you have done a great job and given me first class customer service.
Creamytash(Nottingham)
So you presented Chris with a 5-speed and he remapped to 6-speed? :oops: Wow, that's impressive! :whistle:;)

EDIT: Actually, I wouldn't put that beyond Chris's capability!

Excellent feedback Dave, glad you're a happy bunny mate and great to see you again!

Another thanks to Chris and the lad's at Dav-Tec. Took my van up just before xmas to get some THQ front light's put in and then a Remap,was in no hurry for it back and would pick it up after xmas.Then at home wondered if they could fit a reverse camera and my Tail gate hasn't opened since a smashed back window(Glass in the mechanism).At this point i remembered i hadn't cleared the back of the van out!Anyway picked the van up today and couldn't be happier....so much quieter with the remap,Light's are great,Reversing cam works great(no more scrunched rear bumper!)And i can actually open the Tail Gate.If you need anything done to your van give Chris a call first! PS.......sorry for the mess in the back mate!

Another thanks to Chris and the lad's at Dav-Tec. Took my van up just before xmas to get some THQ front light's put in and then a Remap,was in no hurry for it back and would pick it up after xmas.Then at home wondered if they could fit a reverse camera and my Tail gate hasn't opened since a smashed back window(Glass in the mechanism).At this point i remembered i hadn't cleared the back of the van out!Anyway picked the van up today and couldn't be happier....so much quieter with the remap,Light's are great,Reversing cam works great(no more scrunched rear bumper!)And i can actually open the Tail Gate.If you need anything done to your van give Chris a call first! PS.......sorry for the mess in the back mate!
No drama mate, customer first. The roll n roll bed was more in the way of the tailgate than anything else but I wasn't unbolting that. Turns out I was a contortionist is another life.

Glad your happy mate enjoy!

I’d been in touch with Chris about some upgrades to my recently converted 2017 Startline. Always prompt and informative responses to my many questions!

I eventually decided on a Halo 9 head upgrade, MFSW, cruise control & reversing camera. Booking in process was easy & on arrival Chris showed me to the waiting room & got to work. Just over 4 and a half hours later I was being shown how it all worked.

Chris also very kindly removed the 70mph speed limiter which was still present from the van’s previous owner

Great communication, efficient service, excellent workmanship - what’s not to like?

After several issues with a not overly helpful converter whose customer service skills left a lot to be desired (although we got there in the end) - it was a refreshing change to have someone deliver what they promised, on time & with obvious expertise.

Next job when I have the pennies will be an engine remap - and I know where I’ll be going for it.

Thanks Chris and team for a job well done!

I’d been in touch with Chris about some upgrades to my recently converted 2017 Startline. Always prompt and informative responses to my many questions!

I eventually decided on a Halo 9 head upgrade, MFSW, cruise control & reversing camera. Booking in process was easy & on arrival Chris showed me to the waiting room & got to work. Just over 4 and a half hours later I was being shown how it all worked.

Chris also very kindly removed the 70mph speed limiter which was still present from the van’s previous owner

Great communication, efficient service, excellent workmanship - what’s not to like?

After several issues with a not overly helpful converter whose customer service skills left a lot to be desired (although we got there in the end) - it was a refreshing change to have someone deliver what they promised, on time & with obvious expertise.

Next job when I have the pennies will be an engine remap - and I know where I’ll be going for it.

AHH cheers matey, really appreciate your great feedback. We try our best to please. Customers.must.be number 1 at the end of the day. Hope to see you soon!

I had my Reverse Camera, Meta-Trak tracker system and Re-Map done by Chris and my god what a difference it has made - you are in very safe professional hands with Chris and Dav-Tec.

Back