Dav-Tec

Audio, Security, Brakes, Suspension & More
VCDS User
Trade Member
T6 Legend
Hi guys and girls,

My name is Chris and I own and run Nottinghamshire-based Dav-Tec along with my wife, Tracy. We've been running around 14 months part time with a view of going full time as the business grows. I am an Electrical and Automation engineer by trade and have over 15 years experience with modifying vehicles of various types.

We offer an ever growing range of products and services. We offer remapping services including fully data logged and custom setup maps, we only use genuine tools from manufacturers such as Alientech and Magicmotorsport. We have recently purchased a Dyno Road tool which is a road going version of a Dyno Cell. It's extremly accurate and gives you a real world dyno graph. The one below is a T6 we recently did with the 2.0 TDI 150ps engine. more info on the Dyno Road can be seen Here.

We also have Diagnostic equipment including ODIS, VCP & VCDS. We work alongside 2 excellent mechanics at Phantom Autoworx who carry out all our mechanical work including servicing, lowering, various bodywork kit fitting and general repair and MOT testing and repairs.

I'm proud to say we get excellent feedback and reviews both on Facebook & Google. Recently we where over the moon to get our best review yet from Matt which can be found here

measurement_1631912613.jpg

We are a Ghost immobiliser and MetaTrak tracking systems approved installer, we can fit aftermarket Can-Bus alarm systems that are Thatcham Cat 1 compliant. We also offer complete audio upgrade packages from manufactuers such as JL Audio, Hertz & Audison as well as headunit upgrade from Composition & Discover Media systems to after market units from Kenwood, Pioneer & Sony to name a few.

Day-Van conversion are also something we offer this can be from a simple carpet lining service to our more popular package which include sound deadening and thermal insulation from compaines such as Dodo Mat.

There's probably quite a bit i've not mentioned as I'm not the best at social media. We are fully insured, IMI accredited and TASSA registered.

Thnaks for taking the time to read this.

Chris & Tracy

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Getting great feedback so far from all our new customers on here.

This morning we've succeeded in striking a deal with a new supplier which now means we can offer great audio packages from some of the biggest brands on the market including Sony, Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, Audison & Hertz.

We've gone through our price list and the first package deal we've put together which we have fitted in the past and is a superb system for the money is below.

Our Audison Essential Pack:
  • A pair of Audison Prima APK165 component speakers
  • An Audison Prima APS10D 10" 400W sub with enclosure
  • An Audison SR5.600 5 channel amplifier with built in crossovers (can power front and optional rear speaker plus the sub)
  • 12 large sheets of sound deadening
  • A pair of speaker mount with foam rings
Bought individually this usually costs £1250 as a package we are doing this at £1125 which is a great saving on any build. some additional wiring will be required and can be supplied additionally.

Alternatively we can supply & fit the above setup for £1500.

Keep well everyone

Cheers
Chriswhat

Hi everyone hope your having a great weekend!

Current offers:
  • Sony XAV-AV3005 with Antenna £350
  • Sony XAV-AV5650 £460
  • Audison Prima APK165 - Components £210
  • Hertz Mille Pro MPK165 - Components 165mm £290
  • Ghost and Metatrak S5 VTS tracker Inc first years subscription and fitting £700 saving £150!
  • Also all Remaps (including data logged and DynoRoad), trackers and Immobilisers (excluding the deal above) 15% off.
  • Also for T6 forum members exclusively we are offering conversion work such as sound deadening, carpeting and alcantara covering with 10% off.

Last edited:
BIG NEWS!!!!

We very proud and excited to announce we can now supply you with all the Leighton Parts to give your van the WOW factor.

By us being able to do this we can now offer you the complete conversion package. You bring us your van and we can kit it out inside and out, styling, security, audio and tuning.

Please message us with any of your queries.

Have a great week folks

Chris & Tracy

DSC_2285.jpeg

Our main base is just of J29A of the M1 so about an hour or so from you

Hi guys and girls,

My name is Chris and I own and run Dav-Tec along with my wife, Tracy. We've been running around 14 months part time with a view of going full time as the business grows. I am an Electrical and Automation engineer by trade and have over 15 years experience with modifying vehicles of various types.

We offer an ever growing range of products and services. We offer remapping services including fully data logged and custom setup maps, we only use genuine tools from manufacturers such as Alientech and Magicmotorsport. We have recently purchased a Dyno Road tool which is a road going version of a Dyno Cell. It's extremly accurate and gives you a real world dyno graph. The one below is a T6 we recently did with the 2.0 TDI 150ps engine. more info on the Dyno Road can be seen Here.

We also have Diagnostic equipment including ODIS, VCP & VCDS. We work alongside 2 excellent mechanics at Phantom Autoworx who carry out all our mechanical work including servicing, lowering, various bodywork kit fitting and general repair and MOT testing and repairs.

I'm proud to say we get excellent feedback and reviews both on Facebook & Google. Recently we where over the moon to get our best review yet from Matt which can be found here

View attachment 132119

We are a Ghost immobiliser and MetaTrak tracking systems approved installer, we can fit aftermarket Can-Bus alarm systems that are Thatcham Cat 1 compliant. We also offer complete audio upgrade packages from manufactuers such as JL Audio, Hertz & Audison as well as headunit upgrade from Composition & Discover Media systems to after market units from Kenwood, Pioneer & Sony to name a few.

Day-Van conversion are also something we offer this can be from a simple carpet lining service to our more popular package which include sound deadening and thermal insulation from compaines such as Dodo Mat.

There's probably quite a bit i've not mentioned as I'm not the best at social media. We are fully insured, IMI accredited and TASSA registered.

Thnaks for taking the time to read this.

Chris & Tracy
I think an audio upgrade is my next ‘to do’!

Chris which door speakers would you recommend and I’d also like to include new tweeters??

I think an audio upgrade is my next ‘to do’!

Chris which door speakers would you recommend and I’d also like to include new tweeters??
Personally my go to are the Audison Prima APK range but depends on budget. You know I'll look after you on price mate

Hi everyone hope your having a great weekend!

Current offers:
  • Sony XAV-AV3005 with Antenna £350
  • Sony XAV-AV5650 £460
  • Audison Prima APK165 - Components £210
  • Hertz Mille Pro MPK165 - Components 165mm £290
  • Ghost and Metatrak S5 VTS tracker Inc first years subscription and fitting £700 saving £150!
  • Also all Remaps (including data logged and DynoRoad), trackers and Immobilisers (excluding the deal above) 15% off.
  • Also for T6 forum members exclusively we are offering conversion work such as sound deadening, carpeting and alcantara covering with 10% off.
Hi,
I've been looking into getting a tracker fitted. Is the offer still available for the ghost and metatrak tracker?

Yes matey still running the offer

Sorry mate not sure where I missed that I've replied to you now

Just a quick update. Our diary is getting quite busy now so if there's anything your after before Xmas be quick!

Had @Rattlehead in today for our top spec security package on his T6.1

Ghost Immboliser and MetaTrak S5 VTS Tracker with OEM Alarm Monitoring integrationIMG_20211120_194613_854.jpg

Another happy forum member came down today @Sackmycook bought us his multifuction steering wheel to be fitted. We replaced the stalks for standard stalks so everything including cruise control works from the wheel.

We've got quite a few deals running now. December is nearly booked bar a few dates and January is starting to get busy, plus I'm having a knee op so I will be taking on work around that accomodating for limited mobility. But I will still be working regardless. Tracy will be helping where she can.

We have also just ordered a 3D printer so we can make custom speaker mounts and other bits. If anyone on the forum has some things they wish to be printed that they have designs for or want designing but have no access I'm happy to do these for you with a fee to covers costs such as materials and shipping. Bear with me design wise though as I'm still learning Fusion 360 .

20211204_150325.jpg

2021-12-04__16.37.53.jpeg

Thanks for your efforts today Chris, home safe with a nice drive back in the dark playing with all the illuminated buttons. Feels and looks great.......cheers mate.

Back