Dashboard centre storage hole

Van-X appear to have something in the pipeline:

Otherwise there’s a speaker that you can buy but it doesn’t sound like a straight fit:
Dashboard modification required
(@BiTurbo hasn’t been online since starting that project but @ROMANY TAMPIN is giving it a go)

There’s also a tachometer housing which could take any dials / meters / switches that you might have:
Tachograph?

IT DON'T WORK
Omg I have spent hours at it trying to get that retched speaker cover to cover that horrid hole in top of dash and it just don't fit.
The angles curves and shape is defiantly different.
To the point I've totally mullered the speaker cover to try make it fit, I'll go get it and take a picture and post in a min !

The van x thing I think is the best and simplest option, but it will leave a lip all the way round which I don't like.
With hindsight and if I was doing it all again (which I'm Not !)
I would have ordered and edition or a kombi and taken it all apart and sold the bits.

I'm possibly going get the whole dash swapped to a caravellle one and be done with it !

Top picture
You can see where I ended up cutting the corners away try to get it to sit in the existing hole, it won't go

Second picture
I ground the edge away trying to get it to sit flush, it wont

Short of actually cutting the existing dash try out completely it will not fit
I was trying to find a dash from a scrap yard and was going to cut it out and try before cutting mine
But the yards want £300 + too much to just have a go, and my nuts just not big enough to cut mine !

What are you going to use yours for @Wills - speakers, or just for looks?

I want to fill the space so storage would be my aim.
Van X had 2 protos @ Weston park, a speaker housing & cubbyhole. I’ll contact them to check on the later.

I want to fill the space so storage would be my aim.
Van X had 2 protos @ Weston park, a speaker housing & cubbyhole. I’ll contact them to check on the later.
A cubby hole with a lid would be my ideal - but they’ve released the speaker cover only, haven’t they?

@ROMANY TAMPIN Is yours RHD or LHD. Just spotted it in the pictures and wondered if that made any difference. I know on other models within the VW brand have different dash covers for their lhd and rhd dash's. Good one for trying though and for updating.

Hi all,

Quick question regarding top compartment on my 2019 Highline Dash. It has that ugly looking hole with the 12v socket.

I was wondering is the comfort dash lid and box compatible to replace it or is that a totally different dash needed ?

cheers

Back