dash vibration/rattle noise

Check the windscreen wiper blanking plug for LHD vans next to where your wiper blades are connected to the motor at the bottom of the windscreen on the outside. Bit of super glue on that and all should be well
Hi Woody. Mine has a strange rattle sounds like bubble wrap being squashed. Checked the blanking plug last night and found it to be loose so have given it the glue treatment will be interesting to se if it works. Thanks buddy.

Karl, my vibration is driving me nuts!! I discovered that the small box compartment on the cab roof/lining is the cause!! But now I find myself holding the box in 1st and 2nd gears to stop the vibration!! I think another visit to the dealer is on the cards, also, are you using oil? I've now used 4 litres in 10,000 miles!!
Hi sorry for late reply.

I have only just reach 8k miles in mine no sign of oil light. But I'll check tomo with a dip test .

Hope you got the rattle sorted

Check the windscreen wiper blanking plug for LHD vans next to where your wiper blades are connected to the motor at the bottom of the windscreen on the outside. Bit of super glue on that and all should be well
This tip just solved the rattle/ buzzing noise on my Van, was so annoying and now totally gone, thanks :thumbsup:

Had a rattle on mine and it turned out to be where the windscreen columns meet the dash so stuffed a bit of foam rubber between and hay presto sorted.

Hi

Ours has the same rattle, sounds like it's coming from centre of dash or just under bonnet near wipers (checked wipers). Took it to vw dealer (whom are absolutely useless) they had it a couple of weeks and heard the rattle and said they didn't know what it was and didn't want to take dash apart so advised us to wait until it gets worse. Also our wing mirror trim keeps popping out and they've supposedly changed it and it's still the same.
Previously we took van in for clutch judder and they replaced clutch plate and when we got it back clutch peddle clicked when you pushed it. Due to my other half being a mechanic he knew it was slave cylinder and took it back to vw. They said it just needed some WD 40 on it. Lol. Then after having it a couple of days they came back to us saying they've stripped it down and it needs a slave cylinder! Looking for another vw dealer in our area as no confidence in our local one.

Hi

Ours has the same rattle, sounds like it's coming from centre of dash or just under bonnet near wipers (checked wipers). Took it to vw dealer (whom are absolutely useless) they had it a couple of weeks and heard the rattle and said they didn't know what it was and didn't want to take dash apart so advised us to wait until it gets worse. Also our wing mirror trim keeps popping out and they've supposedly changed it and it's still the same.
Previously we took van in for clutch judder and they replaced clutch plate and when we got it back clutch peddle clicked when you pushed it. Due to my other half being a mechanic he knew it was slave cylinder and took it back to vw. They said it just needed some WD 40 on it. Lol. Then after having it a couple of days they came back to us saying they've stripped it down and it needs a slave cylinder! Looking for another vw dealer in our area as no confidence in our local one.
Had mine repaired at Inchscape Manchester received great service

Reactions: Zoe
@ Nick what was the issue. I had similar vibrating niise coming from center dash, outside area maybe loose left wiper mounting but cannot diagnose for sure.cheers

I had a low rev rattle which I was convinced was coming from the direction of: a-pillar/dash/passenger door/sliding door. Every journey was getting stressful between my better half and myself. It was making my driving experience a bloody pain. I checked the wiper blanking plugs, found that the panel between the engine and battery was loose, sorted those, messed with passenger seat, no joy but thanks for all those tips. I knew that the actual map light module was loose but holding it while driving did not make a difference. Whilst driving to VW to get my leaking sliding windows replaced I pushed hard on the map light assembly and pressed down on the "floor" of the storage area, it felt unstable, "Eureka", mentioned it to technician who was sympathetic and said he'd check it out.
The window job, which I was worried about, was sorted without any obvious paintwork/damage issues or problems. The rattle which might have been caused by the conversion was blissfully gone.
Thanks, VW Cleckheaton, we got off to a shaky start but I'm chuffed now!

Hi pal.

Took it to Vw today it was the cab light mechanism as a whole. All wires and conetors vibrating on each other. The tech guy stripped it down and fiber taped it all up . All sorted now.

Again Vw was great in every way in sorting this
Do we know where this is? I have the same issue, when on rough asphalt. Annoying rattle sounds like coming from Centre of dash or instrument cluster. On smooth road it doesn’t happen.

Back