Dashboard centre storage hole

I looked at doing it ,but the comfort dash is beveled into the tray ,on normal dash its flat round the tray ,so I don't think it will work .
If you do try ,and it doesn't work its a new dash

I have seen pictures of the comfort top compartment with dynaudio speaker grafted into a normal dash, a conversion company posted some pics on FB

Hi has anyone retrofitted comfort dash top centre panel to normal t6 dash
Please see attached photo

View attachment 14501
I bought the top box cover as a complete unit to retrofit into the dash of my t6 highline 2016 T6, it looks like it would fit, same lugs and screws etc, after taking the dash apart and getting the original open fronted setion out, I tried to fit the box section with the lid on, found that it sat proud and there was'nt enough clearance for the spring loaded hinges to sit in and operate, I didnt want to stary cutting my dash, so put it back to original. since i purchased mine last year, vw have introduced the deluxe dash option, which looks cool, but would prove in my case an expensive conversion, regards j

I bought the top box cover as a complete unit to retrofit into the dash of my t6 highline 2016 T6, it looks like it would fit, same lugs and screws etc, after taking the dash apart and getting the original open fronted setion out, I tried to fit the box section with the lid on, found that it sat proud and there was'nt enough clearance for the spring loaded hinges to sit in and operate, I didnt want to stary cutting my dash, so put it back to original. since i purchased mine last year, vw have introduced the deluxe dash option, which looks cool, but would prove in my case an expensive conversion, regards j
Do you mean the top glove box ,or the very top try in the top centre of the dash .

The top glove box with the black facia panel, I have now been told the dash is different and will not fit without cutting

The top glove box with the black facia panel, I have now been told the dash is different and will not fit without cutting
It does fit ,but yes you have to cut the dash to make it fit .

Hi Carl, its me again. I have been wondering about this as well.
When I ordered I only thought the Comfort Dash was the lower centre console bit as the description was very vague but I now realise that it included the air vent with controls, the upper glove box and the top dash storage box. I am not too fussed about the painted finish on the glove box and instrument cluster.
My 2003 T5 had a nice big glove box and air vent controls but I am very disappointed with this aspect of the T6 and many other little cost cutting omissions on it. So much so that I will never buy another transporter again.
Can any of these bits (air vent with controls, the upper glove box and the top dash storage box) be fitted to the standard dash and if so what is the job like?

Hi Carl, its me again. I have been wondering about this as well.
When I ordered I only thought the Comfort Dash was the lower centre console bit as the description was very vague but I now realise that it included the air vent with controls, the upper glove box and the top dash storage box. I am not too fussed about the painted finish on the glove box and instrument cluster.
My 2003 T5 had a nice big glove box and air vent controls but I am very disappointed with this aspect of the T6 and many other little cost cutting omissions on it. So much so that I will never buy another transporter again.
Can any of these bits (air vent with controls, the upper glove box and the top dash storage box) be fitted to the standard dash and if so what is the job like?
@gembleto have a look at the link above on my post , that's photos of mine all fitted.
If you search for the thread "dashboard modifications" you will find all you need to know ,if you look on page 9 I put some photos of the bits that need slight modification. If you need any more info I will pm you my number .

Back