Dash Light Error with Halogen Bulbs

Delboy

Can any one tell me what a yellow bulb light on the dash means plz it’s on a t6 2015, I have scanned my van with carista with no errors.

Bulb out, could be fog, side light, brake light or headlight. Not indicator because the tell tale indicator arrow would be flashing at double speed

lamp out, could be fog, side light, brake light or headlight. Not indicator because the tell tale indicator arrow would be flashing at double speed

Should a warning light always show for a bulb that has gone? Guy told me my offside Brake wasn't working - no lights on the dasboard but when I checked it had gone...

It’s not always turned on from factory, in fact it seems a bit random why some are and some aren’t

Should a warning light always show for a lamp that has gone? Guy told me my offside Brake wasn't working - no lights on the dasboard but when I checked it had gone...
did you have LED bulbs? . . . . . . sometime the LED load resistors can keep the fault monitor off even when the LEDs themselves have failed.

From my tailgate conversion I’ve always had a bulb-out warning light - either from the OEM rear LED tail lamps or from the OEM LED number plate lights. Carista showed it to be the number plate lights.

@Peec kindly plugged his VCDS cable in and amended the coding to sort out the number plate LED issue but the error remained.

I fitted resistors to the number plate LED’s and cleared the fault codes, but the bulb-out light came back but the fault does not show up in Carista now. Weird.

It’s not always turned on from factory, in fact it seems a bit random why some are and some aren’t

How random indeed - wonder if there is actually any logic to it - can't believe in this day and age its not a feature by default - I was just fortunate someone let me know...

did you have LED bulbs? . . . . . . sometime the LED load resistors can keep the fault monitor off even when the LEDs themselves have failed.

Nope - standard factory fitted bulbs - first one that's gone - now paranoid others will and i'll be none the wiser...

I have replaced both daylight running lamps and reversing lamps for led's. No fault on the dash comes up, however, recently I have noticed that when applying the handbrake, the lamp out indicator warning light comes on but very faintly. Any ideas?

I have replaced both daylight running lamps and reversing lamps for led's. No fault on the dash comes up, however, recently I have noticed that when applying the handbrake, the lamp out indicator warning light comes on but very faintly. Any ideas?
That is normally an indication of a bad earth point somewhere.

I now have the same error light on my dash. I was removing my cab headliner today and now that I’ve refitted it (after trimming it) my courtesy/reading light doesn’t work. None of the 3 bulbs in it work and either does the sliding door courtesy light work now. Could I have blown a fuse or something? (No idea where to even start checking that

Internal lights fuse SC19/20, could be, check these 7.5A fuses (top left)
1602165627941.png

@Loz I was struggling to cross reference your photo to what I could see on my fuse box but assuming it’s the one below the glovebox I checked every fuse I could reach through the wee hole and none of them were blown. Is there anything else I could check?

876278B8-1EFD-4A1C-9015-DD716B45BD87.jpeg

@Loz I was struggling to cross reference your photo to what I could see on my fuse box but assuming it’s the one below the glovebox I checked every fuse I could reach through the wee hole and none of them were blown. Is there anything else I could check?

View attachment 87588
Yet another variant... Which year/model is yours?

Mine was first registered September 2015. Ended up being the fuse marked " SC5 Parking Lights Interior Lights MY18" on the fuse diagram you created

HI there, I have just picked up a T5 and have the same problem as yourself, pull the handbrake and the bulb warning light is dim, and if I put the right indicator on, it flashes slightly brighter but comes on.

HI there, I have just picked up a T5 and have the same problem as yourself, pull the handbrake and the bulb warning light is dim, and if I put the right indicator on, it flashes slightly brighter but comes on.
The fault you're experiencing is due to a short in the instrument panel itself.

Fix is a replacement instrument panel, you may be able to find someone /somewhere that repairs them though, with a quick google.

Back