Dash Centre Storage-Tray

Minkey

Anyone know how this comes off?
I have trim tools. Just need to know method and which direction to pull/push/jump on it? :D

Cheers

20190621_161830(0).jpg

I've had that off before.

i think you can replace it with the front window blind receptical . . . . .

from memory it had 4 or so clips . . . . get your trim tool in there underneath and start wedging.

but here is the official word from VW . . . .

Annotation 2019-06-21 164352.jpg

come join the VIP club for more help like this . . . . .

VIP Membership | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum

Hi guys, just bought this genuine vw storage box to replace the open tray on top of the dash
Has anyone fitted one, and are there any hidden fixings?
If so what did you do with the redundant 12v socket?
Any help or advice is much appreciated
Cheers

20200921_175750.jpg

20200921_175804.jpg

20200921_175734.jpg

Hi guys, just bought this genuine vw storage box to replace the open tray on top of the dash
Has anyone fitted one, and are there any hidden fixings?
If so what did you do with the redundant 12v socket?
Any help or advice is much appreciated
Cheers

View attachment 85871

View attachment 85872

View attachment 85873
I don't know of anyone who has done this yet, so if you're successful it would be great! Keep us posted because I'm sure there are plenty of us who would want to be able to do this.

Yes it was sold as a genuine VW part, it's not arrived yet as I've only just bought it but looks as though its stamped underneath when I blow up the photos
£100 inc p&p off ebay
Only downside is that it doesn't have the 12v socket so will lose that - or relocate it
I've also bought the van-x upper glove box so will be fitting them both when they arrive

Will post some pics and let you know if it's easy or not :thumbsup:

Yep, that's the one I've ordered, looks good in place......and keeps things out of view
van-x also have a YouTube video of it being fitted so looks easy enough

Just hope the top box is as easy

Can I just ask, when you fit the trim that goes between the upper & lower glove boxes, do you lose the open shelf - or can you still access it??

Can I just ask, when you fit the trim that goes between the upper & lower glove boxes, do you lose the open shelf - or can you still access it??
You can still access it. The cover is held in position with self adhesive magnets so can easily be removed and replaced.

Just a thought, but if the dash top cubby is a genuine VW part, might it be for the comfort dash, not to retro fit into the standard dash?

Just a thought, but if the dash top cubby is a genuine VW part, might it be for the comfort dash, not to retro fit into the standard dash?
Yes, fair point
But at £100 it seemed cheap as the only others on ebay are £170-£180 so thought I'd have a gamble at it fitting
If it doesn't I'm sure I'll get my money back at that price

Back