Dab aerial location?

RattyMcClelland

Chipsaway - South Nottingham
T6 Legend
So my Dab on the alpine x801 won't work at all. No signal.
It worked on the oem unit.

Where is the dab aerial?

I think the FM aerial was in the wing mirrors on the t5.

I can buy an alpine dab aerial but they all seem to stick to the window which is heated so a big no no. My headlining is out so surely I can slap it on the inside of the roof.

Unless I can figure out why the alpine dab won't work.

Yeah I thought the same, isn't there 4 aerials between both of the mirrors?

Yep in the mirrors i believed to, cant be anymore help than that sorry :unsure:

It's in the near side mirror for what it's worth but for how good it is they needn't have bothered at all.

Mine went in for work at Christmas and asked them to look at the signal as mine is poor on DAB and fm . They said it is all showing ok . I would like to do a upgrade but don't want to cut holes in the roof . The heated screen should be clear of wires behind the mirror so would one work on that part of the screen.

The heated screen should be clear of wires behind the mirror so would one work on that part of the screen.

Unfortunately the heated screen covers every inch even behind the mirror.

I asked on talk audio and they said is should work mounted to either the rear view mirror itself or the roof and still be better than oem Vw.

IMG_1303.JPG
So my Dab on the alpine x801 won't work at all. No signal.
It worked on the oem unit.

Where is the dab aerial?

I think the FM aerial was in the wing mirrors on the t5.

I can buy an alpine dab aerial but they all seem to stick to the window which is heated so a big no no. My headlining is out so surely I can slap it on the inside of the roof.

Unless I can figure out why the alpine dab won't work.

Fitting the Alpine with the dab adapter should be quite a bit better than the factory one...

Dab aerial is in the drivers mirror..

Do you have any led, USB sockets running ?

Roof aerial is the best way for Greta reception ..

I will let you know soon where the aerial is as I'm having issues with my electric wingmirror jamming and ever since my DAB drops out in areas where there Is a mast nearby. Back to vw for the fourth time since December.

Dab is in the mirror. Already found it. However it's bitter the van that's the problem. It's my alpine x801d headunit that's at fault. Sorting it out with alpine.

Back