D-pillar trim removal

warren

Does anyone know how to remove the D pillar trim under the rear light (right hand side) to modify for putting mains hook up through there. Is it clips or is it more involved, I don't want to do any damage!!

Once removed I plan on attaching hinges and a magnet to keep it shut when not in use. It would be a tidy way to keep the hook up clean and dry.

van.png

I've got a Anderson plug on the left hand side of mine.

If I remember correctly its a case of remove the light and then there is another nut to undo and the panel slides out.

@warren , like the idea, seen it on a t5 using a lock at the bottom just above bumper.. Thought it looked neat.

Yes, I think it could look neat. The pictures I've seen off the T5 forum look a bit DIY and not very neat, I think the difficulty is securing a hinge to the trim without using screws, it has to be some really strong glue or plastic cement.

@warren I'm keen on this too - looks like a great mod. I wonder if the fuel-flap principle of locking it would suit better than a lock - a nib of some sort that sits behind the tailgate and prevents it being opened without the tailgate being opened first.

Hey all, Anyone got any Tailgate D-Pillar trims they dont want?

EDIT - Or have a part number that I can search on? Its just started raining again so dont want to dismantle the back to get the PN....

Guys looking to remove and replace panel 15 in the attatched image , how easy is it to do . Any help would be much appreciated .

1020428.png

Very easy, remove rear light (two screws) to gain access to the two plastic poppers (16) that hold the panel (15) in place, one the two poppers are out the panel lifts and twists off in seconds

As above. For the light removal though it is the two obvious screws then a light thump outwards to disengage the remaining clips.

Back