Cut Down / Lower Double Passenger Seat Base?

I'm thinking of buying one from van craft (Gordon). A few quick questions, is the recline adjustable up to 10% or does it sit at either 10% reclined or folded flat? The reason for asking is I have a swivel which is tight with the seat upright in the factory position, I don't think it would swivel with an incline. Or would you lay it flat but then the headrests would become an issue?

@Mark Hills have a look on U tube MS craft swivel for double seat im extremely happy with mine the whole seat rolls back on rollers then swivels you can even sit on it looking out the sliding door no hitting hand brake Nothing i will be adding thr recline but it wont effect anything at all and the added weight counter balances my leisure battery under the drivers seat

I have had 2 Vancraft brackets. They are 10% reclined or flat. When flat the headrests can stay in place and do not snag the dash.

Hi mark it’s fixed and fold flat.

gordon actually did mine at 5 degrees as I tried it at 10 and it was a bit too far back for me - personal taste I guess.

no headrest issues observed so far - very happy indeed....

Thanks all, unfortunately I've already got a double swivel base (Rusty Lee) already installed so understand now that folding back, no issue with head rests/dash and it is a fixed recline at 10% or less if arranged with Gordon. Here's the thing I'm worried about..... if permanently reclined and I try to swivel, I don't think it will pass the tight space....or if I swivel in the folded down position it wont pass without removing the headrests.

Make sure your swivelling the right way too anti clockwise, defo get a reduced height base best thing I’ve done

eBay link is now dead, where is the best place to buy a double passenger lowered seat base?

I think vankraft sell them roughly around the £350 mark I think and you have to give them your old base, I made my own would maybe consider making another

I’v seen a post about cut down passenger seat bases, so when a double swivel is fitted the seat isn’t too high. There is a chap that fabricated them but I can’t find him for the life of me! Any ideas folks? All I remember is the website was a red colour.
You had better make sure you have a test certificate for this base post mod as this could compromise safety.....

Reactions: DXX
If that’s directed at me as I have previously been employed to make roll cages as part of my job and you’d be hard pushed to even realise my alteration is present unless next to an original

I've been emailing Gordon today and he said there's an 8 week wait on the lower bracket, if you want for a £50 deposit he'll put you on the waiting list.
I've not met him in person but he comes across as a good man and from the odd mention I've read about his work he knows his stuff.

Back