Perfect for someone with a startline/trendline without one to do a MFSW upgrade

I’m wondering if it’s just that 1 extra connection that made it not work, think il try it this week

I need to block this thread lol, as them steering wheels Leighton vans are putting together look very tempting! @Shredder whats the ruff ball park figure they’re charging? If you don’t mind me asking.

Might give Leighton a call in the morning :) I keep hovering over the buy button for a flappy paddle, but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quick and I also don’t have mfsw I was too tight to tick that box :slow rofl:

I need to block this thread lol, as them steering wheels Leighton vans are putting together look very tempting! @Shredder whats the ruff ball park figure they’re charging? If you don’t mind me asking.

Each wheel is different. Was told price depended on lots of things - carbon or not, how and what it is trimmed in, MFSW or not, paddles or not etc etc

They are new, custom manufactured to your order, so probably not as cheap as trying to make a used wheel from another VW model fit. They are apparently designed to so that you can pull the centre of your wheel (controls, air bag, horn etc) out and just plug into the new wheel. So you're kinda paying for an easy life as well in my book. As per my last post, just call or email Adam Jackson there : adam@leightonvans.co.uk

Does anyone 100% know/recognise which exact model of VW car this paddle is from ?? Or, failing that, give me any ideas on how I can find out for sure.

I've searched the hell out of Google Images etc and can't fathom it. I'm suspecting one of the Golf or Passat models but might be neither :

paddle.jpg

Does anyone 100% know/recognise which exact model of VW car this paddle is from ?? Or, failing that, give me any ideas on how I can find out for sure.

I've searched the hell out of Google Images etc and can't fathom it. I'm suspecting one of the Golf or Passat models but might be neither :

View attachment 34864
Had this problem before. I have a couple of sets for my wheels, as they have different paddle type on them as you say.

I had to just search on the averts buy looking at the picture of the fitting plate and matching it that way. Got the wrong ones before ever when i no what vehicle the wheel came from was correct!

I have some at my factory, i will take a look tomorrow and see what i have.

Thanks very much @StudleyGlass .... any confirmation I can get will be really helpful. I'll tell you where I'm going with it so you can see why.

That is the pic of my new wheel. It's custom manufactured to order and built for instant plug-and-play exchange. There is a lack of clarity on which bits have come from where though.

I need to know exactly which paddle shift buttons / units they are as I am going to do this next:

maxresdefault.jpg

The paddle shift extenders either replace the plastic unit OR actually stick on to the existing button. Either way, as you can imagine, I need to know exactly what the unit is in order to buy a replacement part that will fit / work properly.

That type of pic is great thanks @Tourershine . Helps narrow it down ... that actually does look like my existing paddle. I wonder whether lots of VW models use that particular plastic button but that there may be a different fixing mechanism behind that plastic shifter that varies from model to model

Last edited:
Back