@Tourershine @Pauly ... My understanding is that the wheel starts life as a Golf MK7 Highline and then are custom re-shaped and trimmed to order. They are made so that the centre comes straight out of your standard Highline MFSW and plugs straight into the new wheel, so you retain the T6 OEM Highline centre look and buttons but with flat bottom, paddles and perf leather (or however you want it trimmed). I haven't got it yet but the pic I've posted is what I told them I wanted. They do all the other trim options too, including a real carbon split rim and alcantara etc

View attachment 32332

Mine is that exact wheel. It's amazing what these guys can do to change the whole shape of the wheel, because that Looks nothing like how mine does.

Added to my 2019 list of jobs.

I like the reshaping and the retrim etc but not really into the carbon

Last edited:
@Insert Coin Tourer is right. I was also told the paddle shift interfaces into DSG and activates it without coding. Apparently it's the ACC matching that causes problems. Either the buttons look wrong, or are wrong and it doesn't work. You need to be sure you have a compatible wheel where, as Tourer says, you or a fitter can swap out your switch gear :thumbsup: That's why I'm buying a new wheel made, sold and fitted specifically as a T6 upgrade. Avoids me trying to tinker or any issues and if there are any, I know who to go back to.

I might just stick a cheap Passat/Polo DSG wheel on, they look plug and play and I can swap my buttons and airbag over where needed. If it all works I could then send it off for some trim work at a later date.

I'm on an economy drive with Xmas and 2 weeks in the sun to pay for, so looking to save a few pennies if possible.

@Insert Coin Tourer is right. I was also told the paddle shift interfaces into DSG and activates it without coding. Apparently it's the ACC matching that causes problems. Either the buttons look wrong, or are wrong and it doesn't work. You need to be sure you have a compatible wheel where, as Tourer says, you or a fitter can swap out your switch gear :thumbsup: That's why I'm buying a new wheel made, sold and fitted specifically as a T6 upgrade. Avoids me trying to tinker or any issues and if there are any, I know who to go back to.

To elaborate on my comment. Swapping the switch gear isn't difficult, it just takes nerves of steel, because you need more force than you think the wheel will take to remove the switches. The whole centre is a single part, which includes that aluminium trim and all the switches in one. I talked @Captain Backfire through this, and he removed the switch gear himself, and then sent his wheel off to be re-trimmed.
I'm sure he mentioned even the company he got the van from said this wasn't possible to do, and were surprised when he said it was.

On the same subject, i've done this several times now, and have no problem doing the swap, or helping anyone do this if they are local to me.

4E33FCBC-21E4-489C-8857-D2DB25FFA28F.jpeg Just been round the block @StudleyGlass paddles work/ phone/radio buttons et, cruise control (will try on the motor way tonight) but the horn won’t work? Might this need coding?

Back