Olly T6

blackberry 240 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
anyone ever done this? Not just a gti swop but as in colour of leather and colour of stitching? Please post pics if you have

I’d really like grey too match my seats but wondering if it will discolour from dirt/grease of my hands

If it does and you can't avoid dirt rubbing on it, I've found Autoglym Interior Cleaner very effective at removing grubby marks. Used it when, for some unknown reason, your car comes back from a dealer and the technician has somehow managed to touch your headlining / sun visor with dirty hands :mad:

Alternatively, black stitching, as obviously, these wheels are an essential :laugh:

What's that actually out of @Shredder?
I have the flat bottom, flappy paddle wheel with the same shame horn, but it's not as fan dangled as yours.

@Tourershine @Pauly ... My understanding is that the wheel starts life as a Golf MK7 Highline and then are custom re-shaped and trimmed to order. They are made so that the centre comes straight out of your standard Highline MFSW and plugs straight into the new wheel, so you retain the T6 OEM Highline centre look and buttons but with flat bottom, paddles and perf leather (or however you want it trimmed). I haven't got it yet but the pic I've posted is what I told them I wanted. They do all the other trim options too, including a real carbon split rim and alcantara etc

46914923_966324170240679_2879804614536855552_n.jpg

Last edited:
If I bought a GTI or GTD wheel, would the buttons be a straight forward swap?

Looks smart @Olly T6 . You may need to swap the loom on the back of the air bag with the one from your original airbag (easy to swap) . I did to get full function on the controls and paddles :thumbsup:

@Skyliner33 they are custom orders from Leighton Vans. They've literally just finalised their manufacturing supply chain and had their first samples through. (pic of carbon split rim in my last post above was one of the samples they had made up). There is nothing on their website yet.

The first custom orders are being done now. I've literally just ordered yesterday. The guy running the process at Leighton is: adam@leightonvans.co.uk

Oh, and apparently they are direct plug and play (as my post above, your wheel centre plugs in) So no mods, coding, air bag faffing etc

Last edited:
I've got a std highline steering wheel no ACC but I do have cruise control and it's a manual so no need for flappy paddles ...what flat bottom wheel is best for a straight swop

Think you just need to match the buttons, just check on eBay
Mine is the same as yours @T6180 apart from dsg

Last edited:
Back