DubiousEngineering

T6 Pro
What are your thoughts on magnetic cab blackout blinds? ... Someone said that in the winter it’s still worth having the outside wrap for extra insulation...

These are super simple to install, magnetically clip in place and four poppers to fit.

Anyway, these were sent to me for free and they work well for the summer... video below

I have the magnetic blinds. They are great and fold away easily. I just didn't want to have to fold away a soggy, dripping wet wrap around blind into the van on a wet morning. I didn't use the screw on press studs though as I didn't want to damage the interior window plastic so I use 4 small suction cup hooks on the window instead. You can also open the doors and windows without interfering with the blinds. The only down side is that they can get damp with condensation when cold outside.

This is what I bought. Very happy with them.

View attachment 47751

Did you find that you had to add extra poppers or replace the ones supplied?? Still happy with them??

I cannot go back to the suction things. They make a mess of the window, fall down during the night and on occasion, get so stuck that they stay on the window when the blind comes off. I am wondering if poppers are the way to go. (OH doesn't want an external blind because it will get wet and then add damp into the van).
:)

I use these clips each corner of the front window. They used to fall off in the middle of the night but with a clean and a little moisture they stay on overnight but still peel off easily with a fingernail under one edge. I find with condensation on a cold night the window is a mess anyway the following day so that doesn't bother me. I have a shammy leather covered sponge for wiping the front window in the mornings. The poppers would be better if I was brave enough to screw into the van lining. I'm still pleased with them and prefer them to the wet external blind type. Screenshot_20190817-203554_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I use these clips each corner of the front window. They used to fall off in the middle of the night but with a clean and a little moisture they stay on overnight but still peel off easily with a fingernail under one edge. I find with condensation on a cold night the window is a mess anyway the following day so that doesn't bother me. I have a shammy leather covered sponge for wiping the front window in the mornings. The poppers would be better if I was brave enough to screw into the van lining. I'm still pleased with them and prefer them to the wet external blind type. View attachment 49140
My issue is that I want a little ventilation... and sometimes my wife wants more ventilation when i fart... :) ... so... the suction cups dont work for me... that said, its nice to know these exist as they may be good for hanging up laundry in the van :)

I bought a set of these.

Like others didn’t want to use poppers on A pillars so Mrs added Velcro straps to go round the grab handles and added curtain weights into the bottom hem so they stay put on the top of the dash.

Got mine of Gallant camper solutions and can’t fault them (apart f on when magnets all stick together lol) can leave windows open a touch and fits quickly........you can buy spare poppers from go outdoors when you lose one down the dash fitting it slept in trucks for plenty of years without insulated curtains so I’m sure these will be fine

Got mine of Gallant camper solutions and can’t fault them (apart f on when magnets all stick together lol) can leave windows open a touch and fits quickly........you can buy spare poppers from go outdoors when you lose one down the dash fitting it slept in trucks for plenty of years without insulated curtains so I’m sure these will be fine
That’s great to know! ... mine have been great so far too!... thanks for the feedback!

I made my own for the sides. Got a pair of cheap silver screen type, put matt black cloth on one side so I could have either black or silver side out depending on what I needed, then fastened little pockets around the top and sides with neodymium magnets in. Work fine. I didn’t need a front one as I have pull across blinds in the A pillars.

I only use an exterior cover when I’ve got my granddaughter with me as she likes the eyes on it :D

What are your thoughts on magnetic cab blackout blinds? ... Someone said that in the winter it’s still worth having the outside wrap for extra insulation...

These are super simple to install, magnetically clip in place and four poppers to fit.

Anyway, these were sent to me for free and they work well for the summer... video below

Just got round to watching your video in detail (I had already watched it before but not as closely) as all the pictures I can find show it in a VW with no rear-view mirror. Your video shows that it does fit over the top of the mirror which is great for us as our dashcam is behind the mirror and needs to be able to see (if that makes sense).

Thanks for the recommendation and the video.

Just got round to watching your video in detail (I had already watched it before but not as closely) as all the pictures I can find show it in a VW with no rear-view mirror. Your video shows that it does fit over the top of the mirror which is great for us as our dashcam is behind the mirror and needs to be able to see (if that makes sense).

Thanks for the recommendation and the video.

Absolute pleasure... and yes, it goes in front of my sun visors and behind my mirror and dashcam too! ... next video is CARISTA ODB2 computer ... :)

Back