I have VanShades on the side windows, curtains on the rear as I personally think the rear window opening is too limited by the VS unit. Very pleased with them, and no condensation behind them last Monday night when sleeping in it.

I had heard that blinds add to the orchestra of rattles and squeaks inside the van during transit. Has anybody noticed this or is it not s problem at all?

I think that there is an element of truth in that, but I haven’t found it as intrusive or as annoying as my SCA roof.

A company in Cornwall www.swellshades.co.uk make some lovely blackout and insulated blinds in a good range of colours. The only problem is that the outside face of the blind is white (solar reflecting material). However they are certainly the best quality van blinds I have seen and you have the option of adding fly screen as well. Worth a look.

They look good but I can't see any pictures of what they look like in a van or even anything more than a colour sample.

They look good but I can't see any pictures of what they look like in a van or even anything more than a colour sample.
Have a look at their Facebook page, there are one or two pictures there that may give you a better idea.

Been using the "Search" function all evening.. Need some more input please.

In the process of converting my T6.. Ordering RnR and furniture next week..

Thought I had my mind set on Vanshades, nearly ordered on Friday but concerned about the reduced window aperture after watching the tailgate fitting video.

What other options? Swell shades, just can't find any decent picture examples, they almost look unfinished.

Curtains?

Thanks in advance..

Ps. My van became a bus today..

IMG_0820.jpg

Nice looking bus @kn0bby

If you find a solution, I’ll be interested to hear it - I’m not a curtain fan, nor am I keen on the loss that the Vanshades create.. but they’re doesn’t seem to be a great deal else.

I toyed with the idea of buying the Cali blinds but they looked too hard to retrofit.

Personally, I'm not a fan of curtains for van's.. but think Vanshades are clean and do give total blackout.
Vanshades are bulky but IMO best in our market.

Have your looked at commerical blinds custom made to suit.

Nice looking bus @kn0bby

If you find a solution, I’ll be interested to hear it - I’m not a curtain fan, nor am I keen on the loss that the Vanshades create.. but they’re doesn’t seem to be a great deal else.

I toyed with the idea of buying the Cali blinds but they looked too hard to retrofit.

Cheers...

I'll certainly be posting my finds on the forum.

Personally, I'm not a fan of curtains for van's.. but think Vanshades are clean and do give total blackout.
Vanshades are bulky but IMO best in our market.

Have your looked at commerical blinds custom made to suit.

Did you go for van shades? Don't think you have a rear windows? Coming from a panel van the windows are a luxury anyway just making them a little smaller.

Kiravans curtains all round in ours. They work fine, and are plenty dark enough.

Pete

Any pictures??

Wish there were some decent pictures of swellshades.... I agree on the reduced aperture for vanshades, it's putting me off too.

Some pictures of our Kiravans curtains here: T6 SWB camper build

Don’t forget that sometimes it is useful to see out of the side windows when moving, particularly when changing lanes.

Pete

Some pictures of our Kiravans curtains here: T6 SWB camper build

Don’t forget that sometimes it is useful to see out of the side windows when moving, particularly when changing lanes.

Pete

100% was a completely different driving experience on the way home tonight.

I fitted the tailgate window last week which was like night and day.

I’m getting Swell Shades fitted for the side windows and curtains for the tailgate. I saw some in situ and thought they looked good but didn’t take a photo...

Back