8balladdict

VCDS User
T6 Guru
Hi all,

I really need to get some curtains or blinds sorted for my van, then I can practically consider using it as a camper.

Before I pull the trigger on either van-x or veedub (not decided yet but think I'd prefer the black out option), is there any other options with considering? Initially I was going to look at the vanshades as I liked the thermal backed idea but gone off these as I have concerns over fitting and the overall look, especially as I'd need a J-Pod one as I have a factor kombi.

If I just go for curtains, what do you guys do about stopping condensation build-up? Do you then use a silver lined screen behind them?

Cheers for any advice :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Can't help you @8balladdict but I've been thinking about this myself. Is there enough room to even fit the thermal blinds with the sucker cups underneath van x style curtains?
I think I'm going to add cab divider curtains, these make sense to me for stealth camping and keeping a bit of heat in the living area. :cool:

I would think so...I've got some thermal sucker ones for the cab windows and I would think they would still close. But I don't see anyone talking about doing this with windows with curtains so it might not be necessary.

I've been toying with the divider curtain too......even though I've got the thermal screens for the cab and plan on getting an external one at some point, I'm thinking the divider could be very useful in certain situations!

We use the T4 camper with an external front cab and front side windows thermal cover, then just veedub blackout curtains to the sides and rear . This is where wind deflectors work , you can put your window down a few mm to let slight air movement if you want . I find this setup is great for me and the van is toast warm. I suppose it all depends on how much you feel the cold but condensation is never an issue like this for us. Hope this helps

We use the T4 camper with an external front cab and front side windows thermal cover, then just veedub blackout curtains to the sides and rear . This is where wind deflectors work , you can put your window down a few mm to let slight air movement if you want . I find this setup is great for me and the van is toast warm. I suppose it all depends on how much you feel the cold but condensation is never an issue like this for us. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info! I've heard about the wind deflector trick...good tip that! How do you find the veedub blinds? They good quality and is the fixings tidy etc?

Thanks for the info! I've heard about the wind deflector trick...good tip that! How do you find the veedub blinds? They good quality and is the fixings tidy etc?
I've only ever fitted veedub ones but i have seen a good few van x ones been fitted and to be fair they are on par with each other . The veedub ones have ready bent rails from memory . As for the thermals behind the curtains, i see no reason why not but i would just remove the suckers and slide them behind the curtain/window.

I've only ever fitted veedub ones but i have seen a good few van x ones been fitted and to be fair they are on par with each other . The veedub ones have ready bent rails from memory . As for the thermals behind the curtains, i see no reason why not but i would just remove the suckers and slide them behind the curtain/window.
We got ours from veedub transporters too, in hindsight I'm glad we didn't get the van-x ones as they have that double track which would have stuck out massively on the outer edges of the rear door where the shelf part is very narrow

Hi Folks

What do people prefer? Only needed for side windows!

As always views appreciated! :)

Nick

I prefer blinds, at least that's what I'm going to fit. There's not as much choice though.

I prefer blinds, at least that's what I'm going to fit. There's not as much choice though.
Thank you, think I will go down the blinds route. My only concern is my van was converted and not original VW windows so not sure if that changes things.
Which blinds do people prefer please? I've heard many times of "black out blinds!" :)

Have a good day all

NickIMG_Windows.jpg

I’m on curtains and bought some Kiravans thermal screens last week to help against condensation, they sit snug behind the curtains and don’t even need suckering to the windows. Not sure if you can do that with the blinds or not. Even with our Webasto running all night and the window slightly open the condensation still builds up. It’s deffo not ‘passion steam’ either before anyone asks :rofl:

This is one thing I'm still really undecided on. I wanted blinds before but ended up with curtains. This time I think I want to keep the clean look of nothing at the windows. I'm going to make some foam board panels covered in carpet that I can put into the window recess' when I'm camping.

i fit curtains, but tbh with the things we bought from rainbow screens we dont even need them any more..

for condensation i would whole heartedly recommend rainbow screens.. fit perfectly and there is no sign of condensation.. (i have no link to the company!)

*edit*
Rainbow UK.com

i fit curtains, but tbh with the things we bought from rainbow screens we dont even need them any more..

for condensation i would whole heartedly recommend rainbow screens.. fit perfectly and there is no sign of condensation.. (i have no link to the company!)

What about the side windows ? I’ve heard lots of good things about the Rainbow screens. They’re on my list.

What about the side windows ? I’ve heard lots of good things about the Rainbow screens. They’re on my list.
we bought ones for the side windows from them too - nothing like kiravans ones - they actually stay put and do the job. We have kiravans windows.. i also bought an external screen for the tailgate and a poptop - to be tried yet (its -15 these days so no camping!)

Back