Phantom

T6 Pro
Hi Folks

What do people prefer? Only needed for side windows!

As always views appreciated! :)

Nick

Phantom

T6 Pro
I prefer blinds, at least that's what I'm going to fit. There's not as much choice though.
Thank you, think I will go down the blinds route. My only concern is my van was converted and not original VW windows so not sure if that changes things.
Which blinds do people prefer please? I've heard many times of "black out blinds!" :)

Have a good day all

NickIMG_Windows.jpg

vw-me

T6 Pro
I’m on curtains and bought some Kiravans thermal screens last week to help against condensation, they sit snug behind the curtains and don’t even need suckering to the windows. Not sure if you can do that with the blinds or not. Even with our Webasto running all night and the window slightly open the condensation still builds up. It’s deffo not ‘passion steam’ either before anyone asks :rofl:

Deaky

On yer bike
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
This is one thing I'm still really undecided on. I wanted blinds before but ended up with curtains. This time I think I want to keep the clean look of nothing at the windows. I'm going to make some foam board panels covered in carpet that I can put into the window recess' when I'm camping.

scotia

T6 Guru
i fit curtains, but tbh with the things we bought from rainbow screens we dont even need them any more..

for condensation i would whole heartedly recommend rainbow screens.. fit perfectly and there is no sign of condensation.. (i have no link to the company!)

*edit*
Rainbow UK.com

vw-me

T6 Pro
i fit curtains, but tbh with the things we bought from rainbow screens we dont even need them any more..

for condensation i would whole heartedly recommend rainbow screens.. fit perfectly and there is no sign of condensation.. (i have no link to the company!)

What about the side windows ? I’ve heard lots of good things about the Rainbow screens. They’re on my list.

scotia

T6 Guru
What about the side windows ? I’ve heard lots of good things about the Rainbow screens. They’re on my list.
we bought ones for the side windows from them too - nothing like kiravans ones - they actually stay put and do the job. We have kiravans windows.. i also bought an external screen for the tailgate and a poptop - to be tried yet (its -15 these days so no camping!)

Vinci

T6 Guru
I have VanShades on the side windows, curtains on the rear as I personally think the rear window opening is too limited by the VS unit. Very pleased with them, and no condensation behind them last Monday night when sleeping in it.

VWRuby

I had heard that blinds add to the orchestra of rattles and squeaks inside the van during transit. Has anybody noticed this or is it not s problem at all?

Vinci

T6 Guru
I think that there is an element of truth in that, but I haven’t found it as intrusive or as annoying as my SCA roof.

Tinman1UK

VIP Member
I think that there is an element of truth in that, but I haven’t found it as intrusive or as annoying as my SCA roof.
Totally agree. Remio roof equally noisy but I notice no annoying rattles coming from the blinds.

DPS

VIP Member
T6 Guru
A company in Cornwall www.swellshades.co.uk make some lovely blackout and insulated blinds in a good range of colours. The only problem is that the outside face of the blind is white (solar reflecting material). However they are certainly the best quality van blinds I have seen and you have the option of adding fly screen as well. Worth a look.

Neilson

VIP Member
T6 Pro
They look good but I can't see any pictures of what they look like in a van or even anything more than a colour sample.

DPS

VIP Member
T6 Guru
They look good but I can't see any pictures of what they look like in a van or even anything more than a colour sample.
Have a look at their Facebook page, there are one or two pictures there that may give you a better idea.