Curtains and rails

Merryman

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Have or still going through quite a journey finding the rails, runners and fittings to fit out my LWB Shuttle Bus. Just Kampers would only supply 5 rails, but at the right length, other suppliers were too short to get an upper and lower rail. But they insisted that rails come only in packs of 5. Weird as the huge box they came in would have made 'Amazon' jealous. So now struggling to get just 1 matching rail. Then the glides, or clips etc that run in the rails tried John Lewis nope, they only do their own, The Range, nope. Dunelm nah nah. Several on the sleaze bay, not right, and just ordered 5 packs and hope they fit at £19.75.
On returning from Bacup in Lancashire having had van-king install the bed frame and mattress called in at the largest Motorhome supplier in the country 'Brownhills ' at Newark A1 roundabout. They had the glides in stock. ' How many would you like?' Deep breath from the sales man. I said 100 he then took another long protracted breath, £1.08 each plus VAT or £129 just for the glides. Amazing, I bought 20, in a fabric curtain shop in Torre del Mar last year for 2 euros . Or 10 Euros for the 100.
On the same vein bought off E bay from Madmate, a small cut out former to bend the rails to fit the curvature in the window frame. Tried it and gave up, requires 2 people both wearing heat resistant gloves or mittens, 1 holds the rail in place, the 2nd juggles around the first facing the former in rail and then applies a hairdryer at close range, hence the gloves. Went for a straight cut in then end, no bending.
If you have read so far well done, and must be asking why didn't I just buy a set off the market as there are a few on offer. But all are different, some say good, some say, poor fitting as in the bend. But I didn't want black, so will run up our selves.

Reactions: CAB
Back