Ctek D250se Problems

medfordy

Hi Guys
Hope someone can help. Im just wiring in aCtek d250SE to my 2017 Vw T6 (Euro 6 Start stop engine). Think I've done it right but the green light comes on the ctek but nothing else so it doesn't look that its charging my leisure battery. Where am I going wrong??Any ideas

Have you got a pic? What connections have you made?

Have you got a pic? What connections have you made?
I've took it all apart again as i didn't want to leave it over night, but ill put it back together in the morning and post so photos. the only wire I haven't connect is the optional ignition feed(red wire out on ctek)
I'm connecting it all to a 12V 135 AH Leisure Battery DEEP CYCLE

I've took it all apart again as i didn't want to leave it over night, but ill put it back together in the morning and post so photos. the only wire I haven't connect is the optional ignition feed(red wire out on ctek)
I'm connecting it all to a 12V 135 AH Leisure Battery DEEP CYCLE
But you have a smart alternator, you need to connect the red cable to ignition live. It’s not optional.

Pick an empty fuse socket under the dash and connect up the red to there.

127B4A09-82C6-4B75-B3EA-0954013D12AA.jpeg

Without the red cable charged, your CTEK won’t charge the leisure battery until it detects 13.1v at the starter battery. It will cut out at 12.8v. The smart alternator on your T6 will be more than happy to not charge your starter battery if it’s showing 12.8v. You 100% need to connect the red cable.

View attachment 63922

Without the red cable charged, your CTEK won’t charge the leisure battery until it detects 13.1v at the starter battery. It will cut out at 12.8v. The smart alternator on your T6 will be more than happy to not charge your starter battery if it’s showing 12.8v. You 100% need to connect the red cable.
Thanks. Ill have a crack at it tomorrow. its good to know that theres good people out there to help

View attachment 63922

Thanks. Ill look for the fuse box tomorrow and see how difficult it its. Thanks again

do you knowwhich one is best. I've been told that the fuses down the middle are ignition live feeds?is that right??
Any slot, middle row, upper half

do you knowwhich one is best. I've been told that the fuses down the middle are ignition live feeds?is that right??
Hi
Sorry about the delay in replying. I’ve connected it al up and I think it’s working ok. T here’s a green light to say that it’s on and then I have a flashing amber light which I think depicts the vehicle battery then a solid amber light showing the leisure battery. Is that right??

Any slot, middle row, upper half
Hi
Sorry about the delay in replying. I’ve connected it al up and I think it’s working ok. T here’s a green light to say that it’s on and then I have a flashing amber light which I think depicts the vehicle battery then a solid amber light showing the leisure battery. Is that right??

Yours is doing the same as mine. I get a flashing ‘A’ lamp when the ignition is turned on along with the green power light and a solid leisure battery light. When I start the engine the ‘A’ lamp goes solid.
Other than the flashing bit at the start the rest looks to be as per the manual.

Yours is doing the same as mine. I get a flashing ‘A’ lamp when the ignition is turned on along with the green power light and a solid leisure battery light. When I start the engine the ‘A’ lamp goes solid.
Other than the flashing bit at the start the rest looks to be as per the manual.
Yeah seems to be working though so im really happy with it
enjoy

Yeah seems to be working though so im really happy with it
enjoy
Just connected mine today and the alternator "A" light was solid Amber along with the battery light so all was good. Then I disconnected it all to finalise some of the wiring under the seat and now the "A" light just flashes Amber all the time (even if the engine is running) . I think I saw this behaviour on another thread but didn't see an answer. Anybody got any ideas before I mail Ctek.

Just connected mine today and the alternator "A" light was solid Amber along with the battery light so all was good. Then I disconnected it all to finalise some of the wiring under the seat and now the "A" light just flashes Amber all the time (even if the engine is running) . I think I saw this behaviour on another thread but didn't see an answer. Anybody got any ideas before I mail Ctek.
You could always ask @Deaky for his opinion or try @travelvolts ...have you checked all your cables and your earth ( neg ) are good

Try turning on some load on your leisure battery. It may be simply that it is fully charged so the CTEK doesn’t switch to charge.

Try turning on some load on your leisure battery. It may be simply that it is fully charged so the CTEK doesn’t switch to charge.
Yeh I did think about that but none of my 12v stuff is live yet and I couldn't be bothered to crimp and wire up some switches. Instead I went and mowed the lawn and two hours later all leds are as they should be. A friends borrowed my fluke so I'll make sure I get that back pronto to check everything over. Thanks for your help guys

Back