Ctek 250se Function Indication

Big.mac

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi guys, hoping someone can point me to what the various led combinations on the CTEK mean. I can't find what I'm looking for in the manual so don't know if it is correct or not.

The CTEK has just been installed (not by me) and as it is under the drivers seat it is quite hard to get to to trace wiring etc. I have no reason to think it isn't right but the lights are lighting in a sequence not mentioned in the manual.

It seems to work as follows:

1. When I open the doors but don't insert the key, the voltmeter reads 12.8 v (on the leisure battery) and none of the lights are lit on the CTEK - I think this is about right
2. I turn the ignition on but don't start the engine. Radio plays etc. In this position, the green light illuminates, the 'A' lamp flashes and the leisure battery light is lit. The voltmeter shows 14.8 v in this position. This set of lights is not shown in the manual and is the one I'm unsure about.
3. I start the engine. The green light, the 'A' light and leisure battery lights are all lit. I think this is correct. Voltmeter shows 14.8 V

Anyone know what the sequence of lights in the middle position means please? should it do this?

There is only one thing drawing load from the leisure battery which is my Dashcam. There are a bunch of LEDs etc. wired to it but these are all turned off.

Hi guys, hoping someone can point me to what the various led combinations on the CTEK mean. I can't find what I'm looking for in the manual so don't know if it is correct or not.

The CTEK has just been installed (not by me) and as it is under the drivers seat it is quite hard to get to to trace wiring etc. I have no reason to think it isn't right but the lights are lighting in a sequence not mentioned in the manual.

It seems to work as follows:

1. When I open the doors but don't insert the key, the voltmeter reads 12.8 v (on the leisure battery) and none of the lights are lit on the CTEK - I think this is about right
2. I turn the ignition on but don't start the engine. Radio plays etc. In this position, the green light illuminates, the 'A' lamp flashes and the leisure battery light is lit. The voltmeter shows 14.8 v in this position. This set of lights is not shown in the manual and is the one I'm unsure about.
3. I start the engine. The green light, the 'A' light and leisure battery lights are all lit. I think this is correct. Voltmeter shows 14.8 V

Anyone know what the sequence of lights in the middle position means please? should it do this?

There is only one thing drawing load from the leisure battery which is my Dashcam. There are a bunch of LEDs etc. wired to it but these are all turned off.
I’ve got the older version ..but give @Deaky a shout ...there are similar threads on D250sa that might help :thumbsup:

if I’m right it will only indicate if an input source is registered

That led combination isn’t in the manual but with the ignition on your CTEK is doing exactly as you’d expect. If the starter battery voltage is above 11.8v and the ignition is on then charging will start until the ignition is turned off or the starter voltage drops bellow 11.4v for 10 seconds.

That led combination isn’t in the manual but with the ignition on your CTEK is doing exactly as you’d expect. If the starter battery voltage is above 11.8v and the ignition is on then charging will start until the ignition is turned off or the starter voltage drops bellow 11.4v for 10 seconds.
Thanks Deaky,
I figured it was working OK, i'm just curious about this set of LEDs just in case it indicates something important

Thanks Deaky,
I figured it was working OK, i'm just curious about this set of LEDs just in case it indicates something important

I've read somewhere that there are undocumented led combinations. I’d send them an email

Seems like you're the expert on the CTEK 250SE Deaky - hoping you can help. I've just posted a thread, but i'm not getting any vehicle battery charging despite all the voltage conditions being correct (I believe) and the meter confirming them on the teriminals.. any ideas?

Back