CTE D250SE ignition cables

GT10

Hi all,

I am currently trying to fit the CTEK D250SE to my T6 and I’m hoping for some clarity on the ignition cables.
I have a dual purpose flooded lead-acid leisure battery and am wondering do I fit the black ignition cable to ground and the red to the fuse board or is that only for AGM batteries?
Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!

Hi all,

I am currently trying to fit the CTEK D250SE to my T6 and I’m hoping for some clarity on the ignition cables.
I have a dual purpose flooded lead-acid leisure battery and am wondering do I fit the black ignition cable to ground and the red to the fuse board or is that only for AGM batteries?
Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!
Hi @GT10 . Welcome to the forum.

You have a smart alternator so you should connect the red wire to ignition live.

You have a lead acid battery so do not connect the black wire to anything.

You have a smart alternator so you should connect the red wire to ignition live.

Hi

Hi Deaky,

Thanks for the welcome and the fast reply! That’s great, thanks very much!

Another quick one, when I piggyback into the fuse box do I just use the 5amp fuse that was in the box or do I need to add another? Any if so what value would you suggest? Thanks!

Have a look at this thread.

Another quick one, when I piggyback into the fuse box do I just use the 5amp fuse that was in the box or do I need to add another? Any if so what value would you suggest? Thanks!
looking at the photo below, the tail of the piggyback should exit to the left as per the photo (if you have a T6.1 then it should exit upwards). The blue fuse in the photo should be the original fuse for the circuit you are piggybacking from and the red fuse is the one for your new circuit.

3E7D8A9C-BEC2-4E8E-8C60-1BB753C19331.jpeg

looking at the photo below, the tail of the piggyback should exit to the left as per the photo (if you have a T6.1 then it should exit upwards). The blue fuse in the photo should be the original fuse for the circuit you are piggybacking from and the red fuse is the one for your new circuit.

View attachment 117279
What size cable did you use to piggy back?

You don't need a large cable as it's just a signal, not much current is going to flow.

Go for a cable that is robust enough to not be damaged and fuse it quite low.

Back