DPF light

I'm sure this came up on mine on a long steady run from Kent to the Lakes a few years ago. I refuelled using the full fat shell power diesel. I then did a few junctions of the motorway once the engine was hot, sat at 70mph in a lower gear to increase revs slightly to clear out the DPF. Turned off and back on and it went out.

It’s just a DPF warning, as long as it’s not clogged or faulty should clear after a decent run

This happened to me.
You need to drive for about 15 mins non stop (motorway or dual carriageway) at 2.5 rpm. Its not about speed, more about high revs to get the exhaust very hot.
This should clear it. Mine cleared whilst driving so you will know when its done.

Just as a side note I recommend forte dpf in tank cleaner, use it at work and it’s good I can recommend all the treatments tbh it’s cheap enough to do once every six months

Just as a side note I recommend forte dpf in tank cleaner, use it at work and it’s good I can recommend all the treatments tbh it’s cheap enough to do once every six months
Many many years ago, I had the franchise for Forte oils in the North West. They are excellent products.

Many many years ago, I had the franchise for Forte oils in the North West. They are excellent products.
Sorry to go off topic slightly, but after reading your post I ordered a bottle of Forte Advanced Formula Diesel Treatment for my Euro 5 140hp kombi, it arrived the next day and I put it in with about half a tank of fuel, to be honest I didn't think much of it after that. The van has always run perfect, touch wood.
Today I did a journey that I have to do three times a week. I always get an indicated 34 - 35 mpg on that journey. Today I did it, got home, 38 mpg!!! Everything else was the same so I can only conclude that this stuff helps, I didn't notice any difference in the way it drove.

Just had this pop up on my dash, haven’t looked into it yet but any information/ resolutions will be much appreciated

IMG_0297.jpeg

Carista and OBDEleven are popular choices for VW and can do fault code reading and resetting.

If you just want to watch the DPF any decent ELM327 clone will do, but you don't save the much over a basic Carista.

I have used an iCar but only because I'd bought it for another car, now moving to OBDEleven.

Back