Big shout out to Steve at CRS. I bought a 2018 DSG T32 Kombi a couple of months ago, riding factory shocks and springs on 18” Sportline alloys. The van doesn’t carry any weight other than a 40 Winks bed, love it ..BUT… the ride was choppy, lurching forward and backwards, rolling in bends with occasional wheel spin pulling off, my wife.., in the front feeling sick on most journeys.
I read suspension, wheel size reviews on the forum here and took the dive in ringing Steve @CRS, he really listened to my very naive thoughts and questions, made suggestions with reassurance that he could sort it, I booked in, I decided not to go too low, 40 mm (springs) reduction and change the shocks, for the time being running on 18” Sportlines.
I had them both fitted this morning, Koni Special Active with Evo Technik springs. Steve took time to explain what he was fitting, talking us through the shock technicals, benefits, a gent with a lot of suspension knowledge and experience, wheels and tyres included. It only took just over an hour, thankfully only spent that in the nearby Shopping Village !
WOW! What a difference, the van feels level, planted, it doesnt lurch forwards or backwards during acceleration and braking, and it rolls mush less. The shocks really even-out small undulations, ripples in the road surface and take the punch out of pot holes. It’s much, much more controlled, and a lot quieter, very comfortable. Highly recommended.

Thank you Steve, spot on, best benefit for the money spent, oooo and a happy wife.
Merry Christmas all.

Big shout out to Steve at CRS. I bought a 2018 DSG T32 Kombi a couple of months ago, riding factory shocks and springs on 18” Sportline alloys. The van doesn’t carry any weight other than a 40 Winks bed, love it ..BUT… the ride was choppy, lurching forward and backwards, rolling in bends with occasional wheel spin pulling off, my wife.., in the front feeling sick on most journeys.
I read suspension, wheel size reviews on the forum here and took the dive in ringing Steve @CRS, he really listened to my very naive thoughts and questions, made suggestions with reassurance that he could sort it, I booked in, I decided not to go too low, 40 mm (springs) reduction and change the shocks, for the time being running on 18” Sportlines.
I had them both fitted this morning, Koni Special Active with Evo Technik springs. Steve took time to explain what he was fitting, talking us through the shock technicals, benefits, a gent with a lot of suspension knowledge and experience, wheels and tyres included. It only took just over an hour, thankfully only spent that in the nearby Shopping Village !
WOW! What a difference, the van feels level, planted, it doesnt lurch forwards or backwards during acceleration and braking, and it rolls mush less. The shocks really even-out small undulations, ripples in the road surface and take the punch out of pot holes. It’s much, much more controlled, and a lot quieter, very comfortable. Highly recommended.

Thank you Steve, spot on, best benefit for the money spent, oooo and a happy wife.
Merry Christmas all.
If we aim to please the "better halves" we can not fail ha ha. Another glowing accolade for the Special active technology from KONI .

Compliments of the season to you ,, thanks for the kind words, we never take them for granted . In this business where bad news travels at the speed of light and good news travels at the speed of sound its really rewarding to please so many customers .

If we aim to please the "better halves" we can not fail ha ha. Another glowing accolade for the Special active technology from KONI .

Compliments of the season to you ,, thanks for the kind words, we never take them for granted . In this business where bad news travels at the speed of light and good news travels at the speed of sound its really rewarding to please so many customers .
How much is your “make the missus smile” service? I’ll pool my credit cards!

Merry Christmas all.
Can you post a photo of your 40mm lower van (side and front)

Can you post a photo of your 40mm lower van (side and front)
Hi,
Of course, I’m away at the moment for Christmas be back next week when I have it spanked after my return I will post them here for you. Merry Christmas.

Me too. Been on 13 months and the drive is fantastic
View attachment 138454
HI Huw 169,
I have a T32 Kombi 199 4 motion , and I'm just wondering what size wheels and tires you are running please if you would be so kind.
Do you carry any weight in the back or just the seats ?
Your set up is just what I'm looking for. its spot on.
thanks
B

HI Huw 169,
I have a T32 Kombi 199 4 motion , and I'm just wondering what size wheels and tires you are running please if you would be so kind.
Do you carry any weight in the back or just the seats ?
Your set up is just what I'm looking for. its spot on.
thanks
B
No weight in mine. Just 3 rows seats
8.5 ET35 with 245/45/20
10 et40 with 275/40/20

Another +1 for great service at @CRS Performance

Fitted me in at short notice plus gave me honest and helpful advice to make the correct choice of suspension for my van usage requirements.

There's a nearby retail park with some decent stores and eateries to help pass your time while you wait for the magic to happen. Unfortunately my wife was with me so my bill for the day was significantly higher than expected!

Another +1 for great service at @CRS Performance

Fitted me in at short notice plus gave me honest and helpful advice to make the correct choice of suspension for my van usage requirements.

There's a nearby retail park with some decent stores and eateries to help pass your time while you wait for the magic to happen. Unfortunately my wife was with me so my bill for the day was significantly higher than expected!
Surely you mean your wife was with you so your apparent CRS bill was approximately half price of the true cost;)

Surely you mean your wife was with you so your apparent CRS bill was approximately half price of the true cost;)
We have heard little evidence of what his wife thought of the work on the journey home! (Though she may have been ruminating about the damage she would inflict on the credit card!!!)

We have heard little evidence of what his wife thought of the work on the journey home! (Though she may have been ruminating about the damage she would inflict on the credit card!!!)
The wife did notice the van was "less bouncy" on the drive home but she now has less of a struggle getting in and out with the reduction in height and that she says was worth the money alone.

Back