Already home, and it was ace.

Despite the outlay today, I see it as a money saving investment. I had been considering changing the van for something like an X5 or Disco, but that would have cost money, and depreciated at a far higher rate than the 'Velle. The 'Velle is here to stay for a good while longer now.

So my vans in the garage for a few bits and bobs, they call me to say a spring has snapped and they the part number so they can order new in. I texted Steve at CRS who originally fitted them. he texts me back the part number. Then 5 minutes later texted to ask for my address. Then 5 minutes later texted me to say he'd put a pair of springs on a courier for me, they'd be with me in the morning and he wasn't charging me. Fantastic customer service. When people do stuff like this you just know that they do what they do because they are passionate about it.

So my vans in the garage for a few bits and bobs, they call me to say a spring has snapped and they the part number so they can order new in. I texted Steve at CRS who originally fitted them. he texts me back the part number. Then 5 minutes later texted to ask for my address. Then 5 minutes later texted me to say he'd put a pair of springs on a courier for me, they'd be with me in the morning and he wasn't charging me. Fantastic customer service. When people do stuff like this you just know that they do what they do because they are passionate about it.
Above and beyond, that’s why CRS have the reputation they have. Never heard a crossed word on the forum against CRS.

Well done @CRS Performance leading by example.
Thank you for the reassuring comments , after seeing how some customers are treated by many suppliers on this Forum we set out to be better than them , more knowledgeable , and offer unbeatable service . so far we are doing OK ,

We also have a new team member , who ill be introducing on our CRS thread asap .

thank you again

Wow! Feels great when you see traders Looking after their business, it dos show passion and shows and gives you Hope in a world of bloody chancers.
A side my T5 snapped 2 coils after 40k miles, and my T6 1 coil after 44k miles. What’s that about? Any better products around?

Thank you for the reassuring comments , after seeing how some customers are treated by many suppliers on this Forum we set out to be better than them , more knowledgeable , and offer unbeatable service . so far we are doing OK ,

We also have a new team member , who ill be introducing on our CRS thread asap .

thank you again

...and that ladies and gents, is how you retain customers and grow a business. Well done. :mexican wave:

Wow! Feels great when you see traders Looking after their business, it dos show passion and shows and gives you Hope in a world of bloody chancers.
A side my T5 snapped 2 coils after 40k miles, and my T6 1 coil after 44k miles. What’s that about? Any better products around?
What makes are they . Snapping springs is a common thing but when the wrong spring is applied to the wrong application this can aggravate the breakages . The B14 rear springs . classic case of miss used parts , these are not fit for purpose in heavier vans like campers etc

Last edited:
The wife’s zafira has gone through 2 springs and that is empty 99% of the time, although it does seem like she tries to get air on every speed bump! When I questioned this it seemed like it was accepted these days

A big thanks from me, too - Steve was on holiday when I texted him about needing a LED level-sensor for my impending / procrastinated LED headlight retrofit, and got me out a next-day delivery arranged once he got back to the office, that being cheaper (and quicker than the 4-6 week wait time quoted) compared to Euro Car Parts.

Booked a slot back @CRS Performance. Steve did a great job of upgrading my suspension on my T6 in September last year. A year to the day and we’ll be driving back from the Ply Guys having a fresh install in the van. When the suspension was set up originally Steve made allowance for the anticipated weight of a classic rock and roll bed fit and side kitchen; since then we‘ve gone for a different design. I contacted Steve and asked if we could pop in as we returned south via the T6F autumn camp and have the rear suspension height checked and adjusted as necessary. He’s replied saying he’s booked us in and to pop in and he’ll make any adjustments required. Great service. Thanks again

Rang Steve Friday, got in Monday (today) for H&R and Koni's replacing OEM. superb service and very quick. got there for 10am and was back home near Oxford by 1pm. The ride home was a massive difference to normal and taking on the windy roads to the village I live in was a dream to normal, no swaying about on the bends anymore. Highly recommended and a pleasure to meet the 2 Steves and James. Still trying to work out how to tell the wife how much I spent :) think I will lie.

Rang Steve Friday, got in Monday (today) for H&R and Koni's replacing OEM. superb service and very quick. got there for 10am and was back home near Oxford by 1pm. The ride home was a massive difference to normal and taking on the windy roads to the village I live in was a dream to normal, no swaying about on the bends anymore. Highly recommended and a pleasure to meet the 2 Steves and James. Still trying to work out how to tell the wife how much I spent :) think I will lie.
I was fortunate - 2 mins behind the wheel and SWMBO approved the spend (though she did query why VW don’t do that to start with!!!)

Back