Crispy’s ‘TIPPSY’ - Daily driver, camper and motorbike hauler

Do you race supermoto? I used to about 6-9 years ago. Had and Aprilla SXV450, what a noise that made. Don't miss the bills from that though.

Ah so a company is now making these from his designs?

There is a Universal and EU version with ‘International’ and European outputs. The U.K. version of the Goal Zero 500X will have UK output sockets

Do you race supermoto? I used to about 6-9 years ago. Had and Aprilla SXV450, what a noise that made. Don't miss the bills from that though.

I don’t race (a load of my mates do). I just do track days for fun. Those SXV’s make an incredible sound....and incredible bills when they go pop!

Made some good progress on the new bed/storage/GoalZero unit. Nice and strong but not too heavy. Bolts down to three of the Factory Tie Down points. The ‘lid’ will be removable in case I need to run any wires or attach anything in the future. Heavy duty 850mm drawer runners and drawer to make tomorrow. Lagun adjustable support arrived too. Very nice bit of kit.
E6020008-9F62-4270-8499-E5D6C259D7D9.jpeg
E097D58E-6CA7-4791-B2A5-22B53689A425.jpeg
6EC4E633-0A82-4CCB-A4E9-FF90F09787B8.jpeg

A combo of storage, worktop and kitchen. I have a couple of parallel lift hinges that will allow access to part of storage whilst keeping the work surface horizontal.

I’d learnt a lot from what worked and most importantly didn’t work from the setup in my old T5. The aim was a to keep everything as simple and streamlined as possible and always allowing the van to be returned to stock.

Drawer installed. Closed...

4B76FAD0-196C-4274-9068-D33DC95EB0BD.jpeg

...and fully open:

DAEAFC5A-15DD-4322-9EA8-2304C648C3E0.jpeg

The UK spec Goal Zero Yeti 500X was released a couple of days ago. I got one ordered and should be delivered tomorrow all being well. Once I have my mitts on it I’ll be able to get measurements of it and be able to build a home for it in the rear storage/bed unit. I’m also thinking of running a couple of USB extension cables behind the panels so that passengers can charge devices from the rear seats. Maybe run one under the floor mat to the passenger side rear unit too?

How long can USB cables be?

My Yeti 500X arrived and first impressions are very good. Very solid build and extremely compact. It's on charge now so I can have a play tomorrow. I'll also be making the space where it can be securely housed now I have it to take measurements from.

After a few days away on my Honda CB1000R in a rather soggy Wales I’ve had chance to do a little work on the unit for the back of Tippsy. I measured and laid out the parts that would need cutting out for the Yeti 500X and the big cubby hole storage. I waved the jigsaw around, made a false floor for the Yeti to sit on and it’s all looking good. I’m also very impressed by the fit and quality of the Lagun adjustable table leg. Super solid and very easy to adjust. Next I’ll be working out how to attach the top securely but also with the ability to remove it if needs be. Pretty happy with it so far.

D74E116D-5CD3-4623-AE2F-7A428893EB36.jpeg

7E2B5783-F3CB-4DAE-B22C-5C5EF7D5034D.jpeg

3AD3D96B-023C-4DE6-BBF2-24CFDB7C47DE.jpeg

I’m thinking about matching the drawer front and the table top. Maybe bamboo plywood as it’s incredibly strong and very lightweight.

Made a little more progress today. Trimmed a couple of parts of the unit to make the fitment better around the metal work and panelling of the van. Also cut some M10 All Thread to make some longer studs that bolt through to the Tie-down points into the chassis. Secured with wide SS washers, locking washers and nylock nuts just to make sure they’re nice and secure. It’s solid as a rock. No movement at all. I also mounted the parallel movement table top lifts to the inside of the rear drawer. I’ve now got storage and a surface for a hob or just an additional surface. Pretty chuffed with it. I’ll post up piccies tomorrow

Back