Cream gunk on oil cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone advise what the following might be?
Topping up the oil today on my T6 and seen this cream gunk / slime on the oil cap 67 plate 204 sportline - 36k miles and I have had it for the last 3.5k.

Not the very mechanical looking to check if this is normal or should I be worried.

Cheers

IMG_7349.jpgIMG_7348.JPG

is caused by moisture in the oil don't worry just yet,,, it could just be condensation if used for lots of short runs

have you checked coolant level or needed to top it up at all are you due oil and filter change

This has been asked lots before. A search would bring up results eg:

This has been asked lots before. A search would bring up results eg:

Thanks, deposit wasn’t a word I searched. Appreciate all the responses, will check the coolant to be sure.
Thanks again.

On a dessert it’s normal, in an engine it’s a long way from normal but VW have done a good job pacifying owners.

On a dessert it’s normal, in an engine it’s a long way from normal but VW have done a good job pacifying owners.
On anything else, seek medical advice!

(Too many risqué jokes whizzing through my wee mind!)

On anything else, seek medical advice!

(Too many risqué jokes whizzing through my wee mind!)
I did not write what I was originally going to write when I came across this thread. I was very rudely told off when it was discovered what I was chuckling and sniggering about. Even the "Its just blokes" received a cumulus nimbus clouded scowl of contemptuous disapproval. I thought that I was being banished to the naughty step...:oops: every now and then The look over the rim of the glasses a glower of thunderous enforcement.

I did not write what I was originally going to write when I came across this thread. I was very rudely told off when it was discovered what I was chuckling and sniggering about. Even the "Its just blokes" received a cumulus nimbus clouded scowl of contemptuous disapproval. I thought that I was being banished to the naughty step...:oops: every now and then The look over the rim of the glasses a glower of thunderous enforcement.
“...cumulus nimbus clouded scowl of contemptuous disapproval...” I doff my hat at excellence! That made me snort out loud - I’m nicking that line!

Thanks, deposit wasn’t a word I searched. Appreciate all the responses, will check the coolant to be sure.
Thanks again.
No problem, the search engine sometimes in here isn't great. Ig you use google and put t6forum in the search with other relevant words then you often get better hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back