Covid-19: How is it affecting you?

I'll give that a read later. Cheers for sharing. I'm trying to get some work done but the wifi is letting me down, can't get the bandwidth to watch a video I need to!
Tell me about it, I normally work from home but since everyone has started doing the same the VPN is really slowing down. They have also stopped people streaming videos to free up bandwidth

aaaah yes, well i wasn't suggest she profits, just makes up some of the lost earnings you guys might be experiencing should she/you not be able to work :cool:
It's a good idea, we are both very lucky and work for the government; if we could post them from our location we might be able to get some sent out, especially seeing what Amazon are charging for them! They are very easy to make if you've got some spare fabric.

Last edited:
Tell me about it, I normally work from home but since everyone has started doing the same the VPN is really slowing down. They have also stopped people streaming videos to free up bandwidth

I watched it, albeit in fits and starts which made it difficult to follow. Luckily its not a brand new subject to me so I think I'll be right to get on with the exercises now.

I read the article too, who'd have thought masks could be so controversial!

These homemade efforts reminded me: Have you seen the video from Africa where the guy has fitted the top of a coke bottle to a mask so he can remove the lid and smoke through it :rofl:
If I was a smoker, I’d be even more worried about CV-19! I wonder if the tobacco companies are seeing a downturn in their business...

Good luck with that! My daughter did a hairdressing apprenticeship, but this week was the first time she had cut men's hair. Pretty good job too, she might get more practice before this is over!

Being ever resourceful.......we take our lead from our members across the channel , that you will use what ever you can to protect yourself when out doing your essential chores :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What could we repurpose in our homes.........my own idea is to reuse (once clean) microfibres cloths as a liner on a face mask

Obviously it’s never intended to replace the correct PPE ..desperate times and all that. :(

Be careful what you use as a mask you would be breathing in the micro fibres straight into your lungs... you seen it they leave a ton of fibre behind when cleaning glass

Hi Guys,
here in Italy we have a really big problems, our rulers do nothing right,
we are lockdown from one month, and deaths continue to rise,
the only things that our rulers are able to say is "stay home!"
Our lives are hanging by a thread and these incompetent doesn't know where bouncing their head,
all the commercial activity is closed, all the artisan are closed, another month and the entire economy goes down.

this situation is really frustrating, I hope in UK there's no similar problems.

I wish you all that your families are not affected by this terrible virus

Alex.

Hi Guys,
here in Italy we have a really big problems, our rulers do nothing right,
we are lockdown from one month, and deaths continue to rise,
the only things that our rulers are able to say is "stay home!"
Our lives are hanging by a thread and these incompetent doesn't know where bouncing their head,
all the commercial activity is closed, all the artisan are closed, another month and the entire economy goes down.

this situation is really frustrating, I hope in UK there's no similar problems.

I wish you all that your families are not affected by this terrible virus

Alex.

I've been watching the issues in Southern Italy and as far as we can see through the media outlets I can view, it's getting pretty desperate down there.

Mate, I'm hoping all this will soon be over for all of us, keep us updated. It's great to read things first hand, rather than what's been manipulated by the media.

Stay safe.

I've been watching the issues in Southern Italy and as far as we can see through the media outlets I can view, it's getting pretty desperate down there.

Mate, I'm hoping all this will soon be over for all of us, keep us updated. It's great to read things first hand, rather than what's been manipulated by the media.

Stay safe.

thanks a lot for your words,

the most dramatic situation is in northern of Italy,

in this screenshot you can see the official conditions updated yesterday evening.

covidita.png

at this links you can see the condition all the world in real time, unfortunately Italy has the highest death toll, immediately afterwards are Spain and USA

COVID-19 Visualizer

Coronavirus Update (Live): 1,386,807 Cases and 79,064 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

I really hope for all the people in the world that this pandemic stop asap, too much innocents are died and many will still die.

I apologize for my outburst, but the situation is really heavy.

Good luck for all guys, and if is possible stay at home and stay safe!

in this screenshot you can see the official conditions updated yesterday evening.

View attachment 65300

at this links you can see the condition all the world in real time, unfortunately Italy has the highest death toll, immediately afterwards are Spain and USA

COVID-19 Visualizer

Coronavirus Update (Live): 1,386,807 Cases and 79,064 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

I really hope for all the people in the world that this pandemic stop asap, too much innocents are died and many will still die.

No need to apologise. Agree with all the sentiments and hope you and family are safe over there.

Given that in the UK, the average death rate is around 11,500 per week, we aren't given any figures showing if that figure has been increased by nature's latest sort out.

Many won't see it this way, but there are too many of us, making too many demands on the planet. At the moment, the planet is having a bit of a rest, and maybe, just maybe, those of us that do come out of the other side of this will realise that we don't need as many things, or go to as many places. From a completely selfish point of view, I'm quite enjoying the peace and quiet of this down time.

Given that in the UK, the average death rate is around 11,500 per week, we aren't given any figures showing if that figure has been increased by nature's latest sort out.

Many won't see it this way, but there are too many of us, making too many demands on the planet. At the moment, the planet is having a bit of a rest, and maybe, just maybe, those of us that do come out of the other side of this will realise that we don't need as many things, or go to as many places. From a completely selfish point of view, I'm quite enjoying the peace and quiet of this down time.
Not sure how accurate this is but this would have to get a lot worse before it even makes a dent on the world population
https://www.worldometers.info

The many personal tragedies that are happening globally is terrible but we cannot keep multiplying and consuming the worlds resources at the level we have, the truly horrible thought is that this needs to be much, much worse to have a long lasting benefit. This is being a bit of a breather for Mother Earth but we need to learn to live this way long term. No flights, minimal non essential travel and consumption.

View attachment 65300

COVID-19 Visualizer

I was referring to the fact that from what I read, the South of Italy is a lot less affluent than other parts of your country and people are getting to a point where they are either just raiding supermarkets out of desperation, or the mafia seem to be taking advantage of the current situation with high interest loans to desperate people. Again, I'm not sure how accurate this information is, because it's directly from several media sources.

Apologies if this information is incorrect or overhyped for the sake of news.

I was referring to the fact that from what I read, the South of Italy is a lot less affluent than other parts of your country and people are getting to a point where they are either just raiding supermarkets out of desperation, or the mafia seem to be taking advantage of the current situation with high interest loans to desperate people. Again, I'm not sure how accurate this information is, because it's directly from several media sources.

Apologies if this information is incorrect or overhyped for the sake of news.

No problem, no need to apologize, too much newspaper wrote fake news only for "more audience" or obtain more click.

The sad truth is that we are all going through difficult times and that most likely the life we lived up to a month ago will never return,
all this mess will change the way we live, whether we want it or not.

Good night to all!

I totally agree with the nature rebalancing itself comments but that does not take away from the personal tragedies that are occurring all over the world.

@tommo, where abouts are you mate? Hope all is as well as can be and you and your family and friends are bearing up against the strain. It's difficult.

@Tourershine, I've read the same stuff but it's not what I see mate... I live just north of Naples, the city, in an area which is strangely suburban looking but rural in amenities. We've been in lockdown for a month now. I have to take ID and paperwork to sign, if stopped by police to confirm my intentions are legal and permitted given the restrictions in place. I'm on call for work but not being called in much, thankfully I still get paid. My missus is home schooling our three kids, luckily, maybe not for them, she's a teacher. I go out to do the weekly shop and I have not seen any bad behaviour or civil disobedience anywhere. In fact, I'd go so far to say that people are being more considerate than normal and a few friends agree - normal life is chaotic here! I'm sure any Italians will agree...

We are behind the north as far infection rates go, more in line with the UK and, I think we are still on the upward curve. The south of italy is indeed poorer than the north and god forbid, if it does get as bad as it has in Lombardy then it will be awful down here. I think however that everybody on the planet has woken up to the fact that this is quite serious now and people seem to be doing the right thing. The folk round here are strong minded, well humoured and will get through it. Also Italy has one of the oldest populations on earth and as such is more sensitive to the effects of this flipping virus.

Back