Covid-19: How is it affecting you?

Tough times ahead for sure, I run a SME and the majority of work has all been postponed/cancelled until further notice.
Also it will be incredible hard for my partner to look after our energetic toddler with no social contact and the normal places closed. I fear for the effects on his mental state and development.

Don't mean to offend, but have you actually read the WHO guidelines? A mask is a complete waste of resources for the general public, certainly for anyone travelling to work / shopping for essentials.

If you are coughing over everyone, you shouldn't have left home.

Don't mean to offend, but have you actually read the WHO guidelines? A mask is a complete waste of resources for the general public, certainly for anyone travelling to work / shopping for essentials.

If you are coughing over everyone, you shouldn't have left home.
Mmm, I too dont mean to offend. I agree with staying inside if showing any symptoms. It would be daft to go out although I am sure people do. However, what about carriers showing no symptoms? Masks are designed to filter particles so surely it will reduce the chances even if only minimal. I disagree with WHO on their mask theory and will continue to take all reasonable steps to prevent/reduce catching it.

Mmm, I too dont mean to offend. I agree with staying inside if showing any symptoms. It would be daft to go out although I am sure people do. However, what about carriers showing no symptoms? Masks are designed to filter particles so surely it will reduce the chances even if only minimal. I disagree with WHO on their mask theory and will continue to take all reasonable steps to prevent/reduce catching it.
Eyes need protecting, too. It’s akin to walking around with your tongue out - all and sundry will stick to them.
So if you’re going to wear a mask to cover a mouth, wear spectacles too :geek:

I thought the recommendation was based on the fact that is it not airborne and as wearing a face mask makes a lot of people touch their faces more it is possible that it could put you at greater risk. I say stay in and if you can’t stay in stay away from people and save the masks for those people who really need them

I thought the recommendation was based on the fact that is it not airborne and as wearing a face mask makes a lot of people touch their faces more it is possible that it could put you at greater risk. I say stay in and if you can’t stay in stay away from people and save the masks for those people who really need them
I'm not sure how accurate the info is. My recommendation for the mask is to reduce the risk for people that need to go to the shop for essentials ( especially the elderly ).If you had seen it in Tesco yesterday you would have been shocked. People were doing full shops...not essentials !! Yes we are all to stay at least 2 metres away from each other but that was almost impossible. It only needs one person close by to cough and yes.....I need to wear specs as well. The problem is...people see how busy it is but need the supplies so continue to mingle amongst the crowds.

If you had seen it in Tesco yesterday you would have been shocked. People were doing full shops...not essentials !! .

Doing a full shop means that you need to go to the shops once a week, not every other day.

My understanding was that the masks are to stop you touching your face and then transferring germs to produce. Everybody is wearing them here. I can't find any for sale though, especially with only leaving for essentials. My missus has made some from bits of fabric and elastic and I wear a snood which is put in the wash on my return.

20200326_102352.jpg

My understanding was that the masks are to stop you touching your face and then transferring germs to produce. Everybody is wearing them here. I can't find any for sale though, especially with only leaving for essentials. My missus has made some from bits of fabric and elastic and I wear a snood which is put in the wash on my return.

View attachment 64029

ha they're ace!!
get her a production line set up! :D

View attachment 64029
Brilliant idea :thumbsup:

ha they're ace!!
get her a production line set up! :D

I'll suggest it to her but being a teacher she is very busy teaching our three kids! I'm not sure how she'd feel profiting from the pandemic either.

Brilliant idea :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll pass it on to her.

Why some countries wear face masks and others don't
interesting piece on mask use around the globe

I'll give that a read later. Cheers for sharing. I'm trying to get some work done but the wifi is letting me down, can't get the bandwidth to watch a video I need to!

Last edited:
Being ever resourceful.......we take our lead from our members across the channel , that you will use what ever you can to protect yourself when out doing your essential chores :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What could we repurpose in our homes.........my own idea is to reuse (once clean) microfibres cloths as a liner on a face mask

Obviously it’s never intended to replace the correct PPE ..desperate times and all that. :(

I'll suggest it to her but being a teacher she is very busy teaching the kids! I'm not sure how she'd feel profiting from the pandemic either.

aaaah yes, well i wasn't suggest she profits, just makes up some of the lost earnings you guys might be experiencing should she/you not be able to work :cool:

Being ever resourceful.......we take our lead from our members across the channel , that you will use what ever you can to protect yourself when out doing your essential chores :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What could we repurpose in our homes.........my own idea is to reuse (once clean) microfibres cloths as a liner on a face mask

Obviously it’s never intended to replace the correct PPE ..desperate times and all that. :(

These homemade efforts reminded me: Have you seen the video from Africa where the guy has fitted the top of a coke bottle to a mask so he can remove the lid and smoke through it :rofl:

Back