Correct battery for T6 140BHP 4Motion?

Glenn Board

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, I can only alike my van does not have the correct battery fitted because it goes flat after 4 or 5 days - if regularly used it's not a problem, but if left it is!

So I would just like to buy the same battery that it was originally supplied with so I do not have to do any coding.

The van is a 2016 T6 140BHP 4Motion LWB Kombi, so could anybody confirm which is the correct original replacement please?

What capacity (Ah) is your current battery ?
This should be visible somewhere on the battery.

Pete

Hi, my van does not have the correct battery fitted and goes flat after 4 or 5 days, if regularly used it's not a problem, but if left it is! So I would just like to buy the same battery that it was originally supplied with so I do not have to do any coding, the van is a 2016 T6 140BHP 4Motion LLWB Kombi, so could anybody confirm which is the correct original replacement please?
Is the battery old? It sounds like you may have a parasitic drain, if so, changing the battery won’t make any difference. You’ll have a flat new battery. I’d have the existing battery checked out before spending any dosh. If the battery is knackered then fair enough. VW have used a few different manufacturers, Moll/Varta/Bosch to name a few, there isn’t a “VW” original battery AFAIK.

A 019 or 096 battery will be a good replacement. As your vehicle doesn’t have stop-start (Euro 6), you don’t need a AGM battery, so you’ll save so money.

Photos below:

IMG_4778 copy.jpg

IMG_4777 copy.jpg

Hi, it is stop start, problem is that idk does not work that often, this is the battery not being good I suspect?

That looks identical to the battery I recently replaced on my 2016 T6.
Yes, you may have a parasitic current issue, but I would replace the battery first given its age, then keep an eye on it.
Don’t worry about coding, the charging system will sort itself out eventually.

Pete

I turn it off, but the odd time I forgot, then yes it did work.

Pete

To be honest, the issue I had was that my existing battery died completely.
I did try to code it in with Carista, but not convinced that worked.
Stop/Start started working immediately.

Peter

I have recently replaced my starter battery. The OEM was a 75ah Varta and the replacement was 80ah Varta which was exactly the same dimensions. I had no issues changing the ah’s and serial number with Carista.

I fitted a Varta F21 as the physical dimensions were the same as the OEM battery.

Back